Honda Prelude Online banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a set of coilovers on my wrecked lude. it handles great but rides like crap. i have a set of stock suspension on my good lude that ride great. now i don't know the first thing about suspension, so i am wondering it if can use the coilovers with the shocks on the good lude to produce a low rideing good handleing comfortable ride?

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
You can use your coilovers on stock shocks. However if your shocks are old you might as well swap them right now. Also if you intend on lowering your car to the extreem with those coils you will eventually blow out your stock shocks

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
It's not hard but it is a labor intesive install, your better off saving $280 and buying some KYB's and doing the install all at once.

Coilover springs are not a proggressive spring so it should last you a long time but they will give you harsh ride, OEM shocks will make it even harsher since they were not designed for a shorter dampening rate which is what you will do by lowering the car.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.