Honda Prelude Online banner

1 - 20 of 514 Posts

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
As some may know. There will be a barrage of updates coming very very soon. Instead of sifting through all these pages. Like the facebook page. It will be much easier to keep up with the progress!!!

www.facebook.com/4u3prelude

So I have been working on this for a bit. And only hav had a thread on HT. So I thought I would come here and get some insight! Thanks for looking!

So just recentley I bought a 1993 honda prelude VTEC with 205k miles quarter panel rust, and cooling problems. But you cant beat $525 bucks for it!

The plans right now are to fix the cooling problems, the rust, paint. We also plan on cleaning up the engine bay. We have a welder and thought we would put it to use. Also, other plans consist of suspension work. We will be somewhat slow and low. 8)

CAR PAINTED!!!!!!!!!!!!

pics...

Previous owner. :/

Mouse traps for the little mice problem i use to have

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Guy from my dads work forgot the equipment to do the compression test. But we were able to do a leak down test. And everything seemed good. And we didnt find anything wrong with the head. But ne ways, just have 2 photos for now. The seats were out and everythign was cleaned spotless! Makes me love the car again even with the rust! And no mice!

We turned back the years on this car! ****ty ENV 1 pics dont do the interior justice. Speaking of turning back years, this car was made on the same exact day I was born. Same day, month and year. I thought that was cool. And the time that it actually was off the assembley line was dated aswell. So Im actually about 8 hours older. hahaha!

Not stains on the seats, just the way the grain is setting.

BTW for now Im not building it. Just returning it kind of to OEM, but will do suspension work, and looking at getting some sprinthart cpr's. And some engine stuff. But its all about making it run good, and make it look good. Then after that. Who knows.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I feel pretty lucky to have this and be 16, and working on it with my dad. Should be great fun! And it was beat. haha Also there were mice in the car. :/

This car had mice. And in attempt at finding his little nest, we just started taking **** off. And we need to fix the AC controls because something was wrong with the cable, or we were missing a piece. So it started as just finding the mice. And turned into alot more. And the refurbishing starts here.

Just the trunk all cleaned up. It was gross. Wires galore from the person who made it all janky.

I think that use to be the OEM sub's place. IDK

ALOT of wires we ripped out

All the stuff all organized, and everything labeled. Organized=The way I like it!
There was much more added as well.

Thats the last of em.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just thought I would upload some pics of the first thing that was on my list! A blasting cabinet. I managed to come up with 250 bucks to buy it. Cheers!

inside of cabinet

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
There was a huge problem with the cars cooling. The person before us hit something and gashed a hole in the radiator. So we have major cooling issues and we also have idling issues. :/

This is the liquid that dripped out of the motor hose inlets. Its suppose to be green, but instead is a uncirculated rusty brownish color. hahaha

Those are holes in the old radiator. I decided i would play hookie from school today and pull it, its much more fun than school! haha

New one.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Not much. But a little progress, alot for me though, considering school for 10 hours a day.

Core support that was bent way way back! Person hit something prior to us owning it. :/

Hard to tell in this pic, but the core support is as straight as a ruler.

Lastly, I was going to take bolts and brackets off and paint them, but ended up taking off motor mounts! hahaha... but got those blasted and painted! :)

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Got all of my gaskets for cooling and the VC. ANd Majestic sent out my radiator hose. And I have a MIG welder on the way! :)

Also Got my helm manuals... As you can tell Im not directly working on the car now. Im buying stuff to start working on the car. -.-

Should have the car running by thursday tho.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

HUGE ANOUNCEMENT!!!! Tonight my father and I replaced all of the cooling stuff that we planned. And not only did coolant finally start flowing and cooling the motor. But the fans came on which I was sure were all broke. And the car no longer has a bad idle!!! It idles great and does not even fludder or consider stalling out. I ♥ my prelube again!!!! Now I need a new exhaust.

Anyone have one for sale.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
6/29/10

The car idles fine when just sitting. But still has problems when driving. Also I just bought some Tein type basic coilovers and they should be here tomorrow. Im super dooper happy. After that I need brakes, and an exhaust.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Ok guys got the teins. And Im super happy. BTW My buddy GReddy likes to get in pictures. lol. Mind him. -.-

^^^ lol

I got my first paycheck and found these for $300 dollars. Almost as much as the car. Hahahaha

·
Premium Member
242 Posts
I love to see people restoring these cars instead of flogging them to death once they start to show their age. They're only going to get rarer, and one in good shape might fetch a pretty penny someday. Plus you might as well start your restoration projects now while the parts are relatively cheap and easy to find.

By the way, welcome to my respected users list.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thank you very much Snowangel. What you said is exactly what I think too. ANd its fun putting fourth a little effort into your own "creation" with your father. Im basically rebuilding the body. So it will be like new.

·
Registered
240 Posts
I like what i see lol Good luck with the restoration and i can't wait to see how it comes out!

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Anyone want a teaser picture.

Ill take pictures of the stance when I get the rear done tonight. Im proud of myself too.. My parents gone for a week (aka my dad the true mechanic gone) and I was able to do this with no real suspension experience.

1 - 20 of 514 Posts