Honda Prelude Online banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My car will not shift into any gear. Its as if there is a wall blocking the shifter from going into gear. I replaced my clutch master cylinder as suggested by a horrible local Honda dealership and the problem persists. Does anyone have any ideas/information that might help me out?

Previous to this problem I have never had any clutch issues, no slipping, nothing. I got my car back from an E-Test at a Honda dealership and it wouldn't go into gear when I tried to drive it away. After checking it they told me I needed a new master cylinder, which I installed.

·
old dog w/new tricks
1,586 Posts
Have someone hit the clutch pedal while you watch to see if it's doing it's job in the engine bay, then find a new dealership!!

·
BB6'n till R34'n
6,093 Posts
Did you also replace the slave cylinder?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I agree with Solid, check your slave cylinder. I just replaced my slave cylinder last weekend. Make sure you bleed it correctly as well, which may take awhile if you have air in the system.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My slave cylinder looks fine. The hydraulics appear to be working fine with no leaks. The slave cylinder is moving the fork. One thing I did notice though, when the car is on and the clutch is pushed I can feel a slight vibration through the pedal; it feels like something in the clutch is loose and not rotating properly.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts