Honda Prelude Online banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was in the driver footwell area today with a flashlight and I was playing with the clutch pedal. I follow the clutch pedal as it goes into the firewall. And there is some kind of fluid dripping off the clutch master cylinder!! Is something gonna fail on my car?!

Please help asap.

Thanks

------------------
David [email protected]

ICQ UIN: 4310950
AOL SN: Poena97

[This message has been edited by 99prelude (edited May 04, 2001).]

·
Registered
317 Posts
With a '99 you should still be under warranty. Take it to the dealer and have it checked. It should not leak even if you replaced your clutch.

------------------
1999 Honda Prelude Base 5-Speed. Crystal Blue Metallic.

"Faster and faster until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death."

·
Registered
171 Posts
Mine is doing the same thing. Replacing clutch master cylinder and slave cylinder this weekend. Are you losing fluid? I mean obviously you are but can you tell a difference in the reservoir under the hood?

·
Registered
416 Posts
That fluid that's coming out..is it coming from the rod/piston that goes in and out of the rubber grommet looking piece on the firewall? how much/fast are you losing your clutch fluid, as indicated by the reservoir level?

You need a new clutch master cylinder. Try www.hondaautomotiveparts.com that's where i got my master cyl and slave. It's eventually gona blow/go and you will lose pressure in your clutch system from losing clutch fluid.

------------------
kimchi cures cancer

1 - 7 of 7 Posts