Honda Prelude Online banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello there, I'm new to the site and I've been doing some digging around for this issue but I can't seem to find what's really wrong with my car.

I picked up a 1997 base 5th Gen prelude (H22) (181 000 kms) as my first car to drive. Everything was structurally sound and drives absolutely amazing

Everything was absolutely amazing until a few months ago. My car cold would drive fine, the clutch was responsive and would grab normally, there was no loss of hesitation or loss of power from my car. However as the car warmed up and was driven for a couple of minutes the clutch would start slipping really badly at any gear.

The dash did not show any signs of overheating, operating at normal temperature.

What was weird was that the previous owner said that the clutch "had just been replaced" despite this slipping. However, he did not tell me if the plate itself was changed only or the whole system.

I was maybe thinking that these issues were maybe caused by a really faulty/old pressure plate, meaning that the clutch does not engage/disengage properly causing more friction and heat - over heating the clutch. But other than that, I'm clueless. If I need to replace my whole clutch system that will be no issue as it will give me some peace of mind for the next 50000ish kms.

I normally drive pretty normally, not going red line every single turn. Although I am a fairly new manual driver, I avoid riding/using the clutch longer than I need to. In terms of general maintenance, I have topped up with oil and plan on doing a basic service (oil change and filter) soon as I just travelled just over 6000kms.

Thank you for taking time to read this all, I love this community and hopefully be able to be in this community.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts