Honda Prelude Online banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just opened the clutch fluid cap, and the one next to it, on the left side...i think it's the brake cap. the colors were different. the brake one was a lil light syrup color and the clutch fluid one was cloudy syrup color...like dirty color.....so here's my question...i should flush out the clutch fluid right? what fluid is the best? also how do i flush out the entire clutch fluid?
my car has been shifting roughly for about 6mos. i think i just found the problem.... how stupid was I not checking my babie's health just cuz i was lazy:mad:

let me know guys!
thanks,
John.

·
Registered
928 Posts
its like bleeding the brakes, crack the bleeder bolt on the slave cylinder and have someone pump the clutch (which will go limp with bleeder open) until you feel it looks clean then tighten the bleeder valve when you have it clean and no bubbles are coming out

·
Registered
2,673 Posts
Um, do just what Ziggity said. Flush out the old fluid with new fluid.

·
Registered
928 Posts
the slave cylinder is on the front of the transmission housing it has a black hard line running to it and there is a small bleeder on the front of it probably with a rubber cap on it

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
so explain it to me better please, i unbolt the bolt on slave cylinder until ALL the fluid come out then but all new fluid in it?
let me know
John.

·
Registered
928 Posts
have you ever bled brakes b4?

if not just keeo the reservoir full and keep pumping the clutch and keep adding fluid so you dont fill the lines with air

when the fluid is coming out the slave cylinder clean and with no bubbles tighten it quickly but only to 7ft/lbs i believe and you have successfully flushed the clutch and btw the clutch fluid on our car doesnt las very long until it gets nasty so i change it every 15000 when i change my tranny fluid

1 - 10 of 10 Posts