Honda Prelude Online banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anybody ever heard of something called clear bra? It is a clear protective thing that you put on paint. I was thinking of putting a little on the little bit of my WWRS kit that is right behind my wheels to try to prevent some rock chips back there. Anybody ever done this?
where can I buy the stuff?

·
Registered
4,531 Posts
jherm said:
anybody ever heard of something called clear bra? It is a clear protective thing that you put on paint. I was thinking of putting a little on the little bit of my WWRS kit that is right behind my wheels to try to prevent some rock chips back there. Anybody ever done this?
where can I buy the stuff?
This really should be posted in the detailer's corner. Most body shops can get it for you, but unless you've put it on before, I'd have it professionally done, as the adhesive is very strong, and it's hard to undo screwups w/ this stuff. From what I hear, it's pretty pricey. If you have a light colored car, I wouldn't use it, as I've seen it discolor, and if your paint fades for anyreason, you WILL be able to see a color line.

J

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
well that's for the one that goes all over the front of the car. Just like a regular bra would. You can see that kind in the back of car and driver.

What I'm talking about are much smaller pieces.

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
I'm getting it done to my car as soon as I repaint it. My friends have it done on their car, and it works awesome. And it shoudln't cost that much, its only costing me arond $250 Canadian to get my whole front end done (partial hood, front bumper, mirrors)

·
Registered
399 Posts
it's what hot girls should be made to wear.

YES!!!!! i beat everyone to it!

Are you talking about the clear stuff that 3m makes? I didn't know they made it just as a bra, but i understood it to be a kit for the whole car.

·
Registered
12,003 Posts
www.invinca-shield.com has Prelude specific front-end ones . . . . not too expensive. $112 for a kit that covers just about everything in front.

I'm not sure about something for behind the wheels, though - you'll probably have to go custom.

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i think using the word bra is messing up people. I don't want it on the front part of the car where a car bra would normally go. i want it behind the wheels.

I think a stoneguard is what I need. Where can i get the 3M stoneguard?

·
Registered
4,531 Posts
Yes, hot girls should be made to wear it. And no, they don't make it for an entire car. That'd take a lot of material, detailing, as we know it, would go out the window, and it'd be more expensive than you care to imagine.

J

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
buh_buh said:
what do you mean behind the wheels?
It would go on the part of the sideskirt that is directly behind the wheel.
to help prevent from tons of rock chips that would seem imminent because it is right behind the wheel so the wheel shoots out little pebbles right behind it.

·
Registered
408 Posts
what you need to do is go to a shop that makes decals, and get some clear vinyl. you could buy a pretty decent size of it for a good price. and just custom cut it for the shape you want. i got some of it for my grandpas yukon, and it worked out slick. his didnt discolor, but if it ever did, it would be as easy to take off, as taking off a decal. the clear stuff is more durable also, then the normal metallic vinyl colors.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.