Honda Prelude Online banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whats the best way to clean the mats?

I was going to use my bissel vacuum machine, but I dont think it will work because the mats arent thick enough

·
Registered
469 Posts
I don't know if it is the best way but I just use simple green, a scrub brush, and a hose. Then I hang them up somewhere to dry.

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
bk94si said:
I don't know if it is the best way but I just use simple green, a scrub brush, and a hose. Then I hang them up somewhere to dry.
What about the carpet in the car, under the mats?

·
jon still has my hrt RIP
1,199 Posts
The carpets generally don't get dirty since the mats are on top. I usually take out the mats and vacuum the bottom of the car. Hose down the mats, spray with simple green, scrub them down really well with a big brush, then spray off and let it air dry on the fence. Sometimes when i get really lazy, I just throw it in the washing machine. :)

·
¡¡¡ǝɹǝɥ sɐʍ sdnʇuǝɯǝɔ
5,891 Posts
A bissel will work very well. A few years ago when i had my '99 Accord m,e and some friends went out to a strip club and had some alcoholic entertainment as well. Well one of the guys ended up puking in my car. (gross part)I left it sit there for close to a week to see if he would come and clean it out himself. He ended up not showing so I just went and did it myself. It came up like it had only been there for 30 seconds. Bissel worked very well.

·
Boost Withdrawl... :(
6,152 Posts
so if you hose down the mats how long does it take to dry????

·
Vu Nguyen
3,506 Posts
A good 2-3 hours on a warm dry day.

·
6,152 Posts
damn thats a long time..oh well..i guess im gonna give it a shot

·
Registered
57 Posts
25 cent car wash, clip them on mat holder and blast them with the power washer, i used wollite carpet cleaner at home let it sink in during the ride to the wash and they came out awesome

·
6,152 Posts
^^^ummm so you have wet carpets on the ride home???^^^

·
Registered
68 Posts
cementups said:
A bissel will work very well. A few years ago when i had my '99 Accord m,e and some friends went out to a strip club and had some alcoholic entertainment as well. Well one of the guys ended up puking in my car. (gross part)I left it sit there for close to a week to see if he would come and clean it out himself. He ended up not showing so I just went and did it myself. It came up like it had only been there for 30 seconds. Bissel worked very well.
thats an interesting story...hahahhaa

I just use all weather rubber floormats over my oem floormats, so really all i do is just vaccum and spray my rubber ones and let them dry over the fence. not to mention i have an extra set of oem floormats, i like my interior clean :D
-Dan

1 - 11 of 11 Posts