Honda Prelude Online banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What do you guys clean the inside of the windows with? It's really hard to clean the inside windows.. especially the front and rear. It looks really nasty when it fogs up.. it's oily in the car, epsecially because I smoke in it. Please help out guys. I've tried window cleaners but they leave marks.. Makes the car look even more oily.

· Premium Member
2,613 Posts
Windex should work fine unless you have window tint. If you have tint then you don't want to use an ammonia based cleaner. Plexus makes a good product for cleaning tint, but it kinda leaves a chemical smell behind.
What do you mean by "its oily in the car" ?
Windex should clean the windows. You can try cleaning them with Dawn dishwashing liquid first then using Windex to finish them off.

· Premium Member
877 Posts
If you don't want streaks left behind, try using newspaper to wipe and clean with Windex. I've heard it's something to do with the ink in the paper, but it doesn't leave streaks behind. Works for me.

· grrrrrrr
4,629 Posts
I had the same thing as the first guy said. Used Windex with paper towels and it kind of fogged up later on depending on the weather. It went away after a while but was annoying at first. I think I'll switch to the newspaper, it's what my momma always used to say - momma knows best!!

· the satisfier
903 Posts
I'm thinking of cleaning the windows with Windex and paper towel first then using a damp chamois to finish up. Chamois usually leaves no streak and I assume it can take care of the streaking issue. What do you think? Pep Boys and AutoZone sell some sponge-type chamois pads which appear to me very handy.

· Registered
50 Posts
i have tinted windows and eagle one sells this product called 20/20 this guy i know that works at a tint shop recommended it to me.. it works great and doesn't leave any smell or streak!!

· Registered
16 Posts
forget windex or other stuff get the new stuff by GUNK it is the poop, it is free of anmonia and stuff and cleans better then anything i have ever seen and i am not a detailer but have tried all fo teh stuff on the shelve and it works the best no streaks and cleans better then anything as well:D

· Registered
2,425 Posts
i also use eagle 1 20/20 glass cleaner for the inside of my car which is also tinted. form my expereince its safeto use on tint. i spray a tiny bit on a microfiber towel just to get it moist. then i wipe all the windows with it. the MF towel itself can clean windows rather well. the eagle one solution jsut helps it a little bit more.

· Registered
2,425 Posts
Sleepyhead25 said:
What's the "microfiber towel"?
i strongly encourage anyone who likes to detail their car in any way to read about microfiber towels:

http://www.properautocare.com/micwhatbigde.html

oh and its not 'the' as if it was a brand name, its just a type of towel like 'cotton' towel, 'silk' towel, 'mircrofiber' towel, etc

· Registered
4 Posts
What do you guys clean the inside of the windows with? It's really hard to clean the inside windows.. especially the front and rear. It looks really nasty when it fogs up.. it's oily in the car, epsecially because I smoke in it. Please help out guys. I've tried window cleaners but they leave marks.. Makes the car look even more oily.
To do this, either wipe thoroughly with a microfiber towel after washing with window cleaner or use a car steam cleaner. they gave me an article to read Car steam cleaning process | What is car steam clean? it describes the car steam cleaning process. I like that traces of minerals do not leave steam and white stains too, you can also remove oily deposits from cigarettes ..

1 - 11 of 11 Posts