Honda Prelude Online banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
B cuz I got it like that.
2,841 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I dont know if you should or shouldn't but I did.. because I am sick of all this 4uckin dog hair, dirt and other crap my friends leave behind in the car.

I'll let you know how they came out in about 30minutes...

btw, did the honda symbol and the Prelude lettering .. did they use to be white or silver?

OEM Floormats for a Nordic Mist gen5 lude.

·
2,841 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Umm... ok just pulled from the washer... still cant get all the dog hair out. but no color fade.. the lettering still looks white/grey?
I used Tide with Bleech Alternative... smell nice... waitin for them to dry out in the sun.

·
Premium Member
1,796 Posts
I'm pretty sure you're going to have to scrub them with soapy water then use a carpet vac that sucks up water. Pet hair tends to work its way into fabric so just washing it usually won't get rid of the hair. You'll need a good vacuum.

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
get a stiff carpet brush and have fun for the next hour or two, or you can do what i do...works most of the time..get duct tape and tape the carpet, pull tape work on new area and keep doin that til all or most is gone. i did that to a neighbors car that i detailed and she was amazed cuz the idiots at a detailing shop couldnt remove have what i removed

·
Premium Member
1,796 Posts
I was just browsing ProperAutoCare, and they have a mitt that is supposed to be great for removing pet hair. Its called the K-9 Pet Hair Removal Mitt. If you find yourself cleaning up after pets alot, it might be worth the $6.95 (I should be a sales rep!)

·
¡¡¡ǝɹǝɥ sɐʍ sdnʇuǝɯǝɔ
5,891 Posts
you cn always try on of those wire type pet brushes. That's what I would try. I would probably even fluffy up your carpet as well.

·
2,841 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks all.. The Floormats came out just fine and smelled awesome...took forever to dry sitting out in the sun... the Prelude lettering and H symbol is actually silverish white color thread... not the usual brown color anymore. yea the dog hair really didnt leave.. so from The Dollar Store I got a lint brush and wiped the rest of that crap out. Waterproof sprayed them all lightly... and Im done. No color changes or anything happened.. so I guess its safe to do in the laundry... but it does make hella noise on spin cycle.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts