Honda Prelude Online banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Administrator
13,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know what you can use to get rid of cigarette smoke smell in a car? Tried spraying Febreeze in the seats, but the smell is still there. Thanks in advance. :)

·
Keith's my bish :)
434 Posts
Shampooing the seats and carpet would be the only thing that would work.
Any detail shop should do it.

·
( o.O )
2,802 Posts
i washed the headliner (from the back seats) and all the panels with the armor all cleaning wipes - used the box of 25. followed by carpet foam (because i didn't want to rent a shampooer). did every single trim panel in the cleaning wipes, including sunroof cover, visors, etc. dressed every panel in meguires natural shine. and i took off the front speaker grills and washed them in the sink in fabuoloso (my fav house cleaner smell - suppose anything would work) i couldn't believe how dirty the sink water was after the speakers sat in it for a bit.

·
Administrator
13,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ahh, didn't know he got a Gaylant ;) to drive while the lude is down.
Amanda is correct. :) I noticed the smell, and sure enough, I found cigarette butts in the ashtray. It has a cigarette lighter...I've not seen one in a car in years! When smokers rode in my Prelude, no cigarette butts stayed in the car, and the window has to be down!

Back to subject, I may have to just do the shampoo thing. If the weather clears up, I'll take it somewhere this weekend.

·
Estoy Tranquilo
3,864 Posts
Ashes from the ash tray can also accumulate inside the center console, and get under the carpeting there. I periodically take my center console and radio console out and vacuum that whole area out.

For the smell, I use Meguiar's Car Deodorizer and Febreeze every once in awhile, and keep a air freshener under my seat.

·
Registered
317 Posts
I use this stuff called ozium. It lasts a lot longer than other spray fresheners, check it out; after you shampoo your carpets and stuff of course.. ^_^

·
Administrator
13,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
My DD no longer has the cigarette smell. I did do the shampoo thing on the car, and I had the interior and exterior detailed again last week. For the record, I don't smoke, so the smell was very distinct and annoying when I first got the car.

·
Premium Member
128 Posts
My DD no longer has the cigarette smell. I did do the shampoo thing on the car, and I had the interior and exterior detailed again last week. For the record, I don't smoke, so the smell was very distinct and annoying when I first got the car.
Good deal, glad to hear you got the smell out. I can smell it a mile away, the wife will "social smoke" on occasion, and when she does I want to throw up...it smells disgusting.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Shampoo/shop vac the **** outta that *****. And most importantly EVERY CLEAN HONDA DESERVES a JDM AIR SPENCER SQUASH air freshener. The best smelling substance known to man. I have 2 in my car right now, one in the case and one not.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts