Honda Prelude Online banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all....

i'm heading to chicago for a few days since we have a long weekend here in canada and i was just wondering if you guys coud tell me what shops to check.

i remember from last time i was there there was:
-garage kwai (sp)
-speed sport
-another i don't remember the name of in the schamburg/hoffman estates area?

that's all i really remember, i'm coming with fam so the lude has to stay at home

also any good events happening this weekend?

thanks

·
Registered
414 Posts
Which way are you coming in? If you come through Wisconsin, you can check out King. Speed Sport is no longer around, so the Schaumburg/Hoffman area is sort of neglected. If you are coming through Michigan, you should swing by South Haven and meet me at GingerMan Raceway. If all goes well, my friend will have his Skyline R-32 there.

Natzdiesel knows of some shops in the northern burbs. Where are you natzdiesel?

------------------

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
mugen22

i coming via MI...I94 all the way!

where is South Haven? when u gonna be there?
thanks

·
Registered
50 Posts
Hmmmmmmmm...........I am from Minnesota, does Driver's Image do good mechanical work? I have some stuff that need to be put in my Prelude. Also do they know how to do Preludes? Up here in Minnesota no one knows how to H series engine. Also, do they have a dyno in their shop??? I need to dyno my car after I put in some other mods!!!

·
Registered
414 Posts
South Haven is a little norht of where 196 and I-94 merge. Check out www.gingermanraceway.com for better directions and/or mapquest. I will be there along with a couple of friends that have Type R's and if all goes well, Nick will be there with his Skyline GT-R. If you look at a map, South Haven is almost directly across Lake Michigan from Chicago. Hope to see you there.

Oh yeah, there should also be an A4, turbo'd RS 2.5, and an S2000.

·
Registered
330 Posts
mugen22, i've been busy with work lately and haven't had time to post lately. on top of that i'm gettting hard wood floors at home so my pc has been disconnected since sunday. anyways, starR here's some shops:

-driver's image in skokie
-body werks, they don't sell anything, just paint and body mods. also in skokie
-evolution, i think that's the name. somewhere on the northside, touhy and california.
- garage kwai in glenview. 847.298.8525 ask for benson. he owns the place.

there are a couple of places in chinatown, but i've only been to those places once, can't remember a name or an address.

------------------

1999 Prelude Type SH

·
Registered
58 Posts
driver's image on mccormick & oakton in skokie its actually a little past oakton in the plaza.

top speed in chinatown, on archer. i reccommend him, his name is joey and i alwayz go to him. tell him matt sent u if u went.

evolution-touhy & Cali

thats all i can think of right now.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts