Honda Prelude Online banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have a recording studio on the side, and do CD Duplication also. Went to pick up a CD from a new client and pull up to his studio in my car. He asked what I had, then said he just bought a Cobalt SS and that he would kill me. :laugh: Told him after we were done we should go up the street and see about that.
Both pull up to the stop light...I'm up to about 5k to launch, when the green turns I drop the clutch and have crazy wheel spin all through 1st, should have slipped the clutch...when I shift Im at 4k so it takes a second to get in VTEC..hes about 2 or so car lengths ahead, and then when 5200 hits I shoot past him fast...I was surprised...got up to about 90 and breaked

Find out hes only auto, thought he was 5sp...says he has a civic that will beat me also...lol guess we'll find out tomorrow when I drop off his CDs...

are the Ss's supercharged??...says he was about 200hp..is that true. the autos are weak..dont understand why anybody would talk shi* with an auto and stock...

·
Premium Member
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I pulled on him like he had 160whp...he said he was full on the throttle..I'll post up tonight or tomorrow with the results from the beast Civic hes talking about :)

·
miss real PO OT whore
483 Posts
My friend has an SS, he's done minor work to it and runs 13.9's all day at the track. It's not stock or an auto... but thats a huge difference.

·
The Cheeze
1,704 Posts
xpreludex29x said:
yea some kid i kno ran a 14.5 ..stock.. with the manual version.. pretty impressive , but handles like a cadillac from what he says..
There in lies the flaw :eek:

·
Seasoned Veteran
461 Posts
xpreludex29x said:
yea some kid i kno ran a 14.5 ..stock.. with the manual version.. pretty impressive , but handles like a cadillac from what he says..
Not true, I test drove them at Nopi last fall, the SS does not handle bad at all. He probably just got beat buy a prelude and had to say that! :laugh:

·
NA High Comp Build ON !!!
409 Posts
I thought the SS supercharged version only comes in manual ? I know they make an SS version that is not supercharged.

·
The Cheeze
1,704 Posts
One zoomed passed me the other night. I vtec'd taking a right turn into traffic and I guess he thought he need to prove his stuff. He zipped past cars ahead pretty quickly. Being a show off, I was hoping he'd wreck, especially when his ****ty handling of the car sent his wheels squeeling every turn he made.

Eh, it may be fast but it is...

-a Chevy
-an Ugly piece of ****
-not a Honda
-the replacement for the cavalier

Prelude still owns.

·
Premium Member
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Jeremy (guy I raced) did say his handling wasn't on...said he almost lost control when we slowed down for a corner after I whooped him :) He got the car recently had about 500 miles on it. Dumba$$ racing in a new car wtf!

·
Hon hon hon
3,261 Posts
According to Chevy's web site (which is mediocre at best), the Supercharged 205hp Cobalt SS comes in only manual 5 speed. http://www.chevrolet.com/cobalt/specifications/

For some retarded reason, Chevy also has a sedan/coupe Cobalt it calls "SS" that is not supercharged :shrug: It has a n/a 2.4l with 171 hp ( http://www.chevrolet.com/cobalt/ ). This is the car that you beat, not a supercharged SS :laugh:

·
Premium Member
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
nuke79 said:
I pulled on him like he had 160whp...he said he was full on the throttle..I'll post up tonight or tomorrow with the results from the beast Civic hes talking about :)
guess what I thought was right LOL!! This makes sense now. :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts