Honda Prelude Online banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I see this 93 VTEC prelude for sale in the classifieds right?... and i wanted to know how easy those cars are to hook up. can you guys let me know what i can do to hook it up at a decent price (not lookin to spend hella bucks to get stuff custom)

------------------
Benson

·
Premium Member
4,863 Posts
I agree.

Thats the best starting point and the cost is about right, depending on which brands you choose.

Should bring decent gains.

------------------
Warren

93 Prelude VTEC N/A (lots of mods) [email protected]

00 Honda Accord SE (stock)

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i am guessing that all those prices are not installed also what is a good body kit for that one? i kinda like the whole simple is better idea. know what i mean?

------------------
Benson

·
Premium Member
4,863 Posts
Depends again on what brand you go with.

Its possible to get I/H/E installed for around $1K.

But it goes up from there.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
the guy wants 89000 obo for the lude. it is black, 5 spd, 66K miles is that decent?

------------------
Benson

·
Crunk + Hyphy = Sam
4,989 Posts
Holy sh*t, thats a damn good deal, $8900 for a 93 VTEC w/ only 66k miles? Damn good! Check the VIN number to see if its been in a wreck. The 93's are supposed to be the fastest Prelude year, if I'm not mistaken.
SAM

·
Premium Member
4,863 Posts
Its a good price for those miles.

[This message has been edited by VeeTec (edited March 29, 2001).]

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
yeah, when i saw that price for that many miles i was pretty shocked too. next question how much do you think i can get for my 88 prelude automatic paint only about 2 years old tires about 1.5 years old had axel work done last summer hyper white headlights etc

------------------
Benson

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by theoryman:
Wings West RS kit is pretty cool:

</font>
the wings west rs kit for 4th gens is amazing...i have it....this picture of it sucks though, whoever's car this is sorry, but the picture jsut doesn't do it justice...when i first saw this pic, i hated the kit

·
Premium Member
4,863 Posts
93-95 were the fastest because of OBDI.

As for the 93 being the out and out fastest, I have heard that it was actually lighter, but the wheels were heavier. I have noticed that the test all seem to be about the same for 93-95's though.

Mine ran high 14's stock.

Most books said 15.1 though.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I am having a brain fart and am willing to sound like i dont know dick about cars, but what is an OBDI??

------------------
Benson

·
Premium Member
4,863 Posts
"On Board Diagnostic" emissions control ."II" is for the newest revamped version that came out in Preludes, and most cars, in 96.

The system uses multiple sensors to monitor several areas of the engine, fuel system, exhaust, ignition, to maintain pollution control. The OBDI was less restritive allowing for better gains with modifications to the above mentioned areas. OBDII is much more restrictive causing the ECU to override a lot of the initial gains in the name of lower emissions output when you change or "modify" a certain area, such as the intake. The system is trying to maintain a certain level of emissions output.

I hope this helps.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts