Honda Prelude Online banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a safe way to move the position of the pedals towards the driver
more? Perhaps removing the pedals and modifying them? Has anyone ever
tried this (on any car)? The thought of using blocks turns my stomach.

I tried a Prelude with a racing seat in it yesterday (Cobra Monaco), and I
ran the seat all the way forward, and I still couldn't press the clutch in
all the way. Headroom was also non-existent. I will probably have to sit
really close to the floor when I get it (Sparco Corsa). I think a quick
release steering wheel is also not an option, as the Cobra seat was hard to
get in and out of, and it doesn't have high sides like the Corsa.

------------------
Billy
North Texas Prelude Owners Group
www.ntpog.org

·
Registered
34 Posts
I know you didn't want to use blocks, but I think the pedal adjustmenty kits are noting more than just that, blocks. They should sell them at a pep boys or something of that sort. I think the Highway safety admin required these kits to be available to the pubic in order to accomidate drivers of all size. You may have to ask them to order it.

·
Registered
951 Posts
Hmmm.... I've been trying to figure out how to move the pedals back...

I think the answer to either seems to be remanufactured pedal arms...

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by baked:
Hmmm.... I've been trying to figure out how to move the pedals back...

I think the answer to either seems to be remanufactured pedal arms...
</font>
Yep, that's what I was thinking. That's going to be an expensive proposition!! I will have to look into it further. I think the brake and clutch pedal will be easy. It's the gas pedal that might be more difficult.

------------------
Billy
www.ntpog.org

·
Registered
4,190 Posts
Billy I just put in Sparco torinos and i am used to having my steering wheel all the way down and these seats sit slightly higher. Its a really tight fit to slide my leg under the wheel and in between the bottom of the seat. So an option is to just move the wheel up and down manually when getting in and out. OR I am probably gonna make custom brackets in the summer by utilizing the current brackets.

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by 99prelude:
Billy I just put in Sparco torinos and i am used to having my steering wheel all the way down and these seats sit slightly higher. Its a really tight fit to slide my leg under the wheel and in between the bottom of the seat. So an option is to just move the wheel up and down manually when getting in and out. OR I am probably gonna make custom brackets in the summer by utilizing the current brackets.</font>
Here's a pic of the Corsa:

See how high the sides are? They are also racing buckets, so getting in and out is a major pain. The steering wheel really causes it to be a tight fit, so a quick release steering wheel is the best option.

I definitely can't use anything that sits higher than stock. I need a seat that sits 2 or more inches lower than stock since headroom is almost nonexistant with a helmet on in the stock seats. The other thing I have to look out for is that I need enough clearance for roll cage tubing with a helmet on.

------------------
Billy
www.ntpog.org

[This message has been edited by 71dsp (edited April 02, 2001).]

[This message has been edited by 71dsp (edited April 02, 2001).]

·
Registered
584 Posts
71dsp: Have you tried pedal covers (like Razo, Momo, etc.)? They might bring the pedal a little closer, but I dont know how much closer you need them to be... There is always the option of getting a set from a junkyard (try http://www.copartfinder.com ), you might be lucky enough to find a wrecked lude that hasnt been stripped yet. You could try bending that set a bit to see if it will help without affecting the pedal travel. Its better than modifying your pedals and finding out it doesnt work.

------------------
2001 Prelude Base
Electron Blue Pearl
No mods yet.

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
perhaps a little off topic but i just ordered a momo "tuner" set of pedals.

i am finding that the stock pedals on gen5 ludes are really wimpy looking, too small and too wide apart. so i was hoping the momo pedals will help. my legs are sorta retarded cuz when i try to do heel&toe, i feel a slight pain in my ankle. weird.

i'll be drilling holes and bolting them on permanently, rather than using the clips.

anyway... the pedals are a little thick so i'm assuming they'll bring them slightly closer to the driver.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts