Honda Prelude Online banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,036 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, I know it's part of the 30K maintenance, but I put changing it off until now, and my car's at 41K. The air conditioning smelled a LITTLE funny yesterday, so I was thinking about changing it. However, I think Honda once quoted me like $150 to change it.

I was wondering if any of you guys have changed it yourself, how hard it is to do, and how around much the filter element cost.

Thanks for the help guys!

·
Registered
3,337 Posts
it's actually pretty easy to do. i think the filters (there are 2 ) were around $35. total. i could be a little off, it's been awhile. do a search, i posted up awhile ago on how to do it. if you cannot find it, let me know. i will go through it again.

·
Boost Withdrawl... :(
6,152 Posts
i think its on the passengers side and you can go through the glove compartment to get to them

·
IM CURED!
1,165 Posts
i was told that the 5th gen lude doesnt have the filter in it can someone show a pic or something about where its at?

·
Registered
759 Posts
Filters on 5th gen are between the HVAC motor and the AC evaporator. Takes <10 minutes to change with your trusty Helms at your side.

·
>> Tragedy For You <<
725 Posts
MugenPoweredLude said:
i think its on the passengers side and you can go through the glove compartment to get to them
This is correct.

There is a wimpy piece of plastic behind the glove compartment that you have to break to get to the filter to change it. You're supposed to break it though. I don't even know why they put it there in the first place.

·
Premium Member
1,372 Posts
Modern Angel said:

This is correct.

There is a wimpy piece of plastic behind the glove compartment that you have to break to get to the filter to change it. You're supposed to break it though. I don't even know why they put it there in the first place.
It's for mass production manufacturing purposes I assume.

·
Boost Withdrawl... :(
6,152 Posts
well at least you get to break somthing in your car and not have to worry about replacing it....hehe

1 - 9 of 9 Posts