any company make a chamber
kit for the front and back
for the 5th Gen SH
and about how much ...
thanks ...

·
Registered
327 Posts
Are you building a lair? Sorry wrong forum.

Daniel

grnlude97

·
Registered
188 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by grnlude97:
Are you building a lair? Sorry wrong forum.

Daniel

grnlude97
</font>
hahaha, thats a good one!

G

·
As far as I know, no one makes a good, camber kit for the rear. STAY AWAY FROM INGALLS! Very crummy stuff from what I have seen.

As for the front, the only good ones I have seen are Progress. I don't know about KMAC, though. Looks good, but is quite expensive.

As for me, I am having custom kits made. It seems to be the only good alternative.

------------------
Billy
North Texas Prelude Owners Group
www.ntpog.org

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
Someone else (71DSP) suggests that parts from Ingalls should be avoided-Phooey to that, I say!
My 99 Base SS rear is done with their parts and it went together perfectly. I could have also used the kits from Specialty Products. I don't know how much you lowered your car-I used Neuspeed Sport springs on mine. I have plenty of adjustment range and it is exactly where it should be.

You have an SH and that unto itself presents a problem as the front suspension is quite different from the Base setup. However there are kits for it from a company called Northstar Manufacturing. The item is similar to both the Ingalls and Specialty front ball joint kit for my Base. In fact they even make a kit for the rear.
Pricing for the rear kits (both sides) from either Ingalls or Specialty is around $150 shipped. I got all of mine thru Ultra Performance. The fronts are a little more.

WARNING: The front kits will be marked for the ride height. Specialty kits for mine had the greater range (1.5") of deflection versus Ingalls (1.25").

I cannot comment on other products. What I will say is that I have used Ingalls successfully on both my Prelude and Civic HB without any problem whatsoever. The techs that tend to my cars are pleased with the adjustability and repeatability of the parts.

If in doubt-talk directly to the manufacturers as I did. You must know the amount you lowered the car and the current CAMBER settings so that the proper combination of parts can be ordered. I strongly recommend that you do both sides front and rear. The reason is correct geometry of the suspension will be maintained.

Happy Luding

------------------
Prelude forever-It's so nice going fast on the open road

[This message has been edited by jc836 (edited April 28, 2001).]

·
Registered
945 Posts
I have an SH. Any idea on that the adjustment is on the Northstar Manufacturing fronts and rears? Does anyone know where you can buy these? I am actually trying to add more negative camber without lowering my car anymore. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
Northstar Manufacturing 1-800-828-0255.
Ranges are lowered dependent and what you are at now. Get the car aligned before ordering. The printout will tell you where you are at. Factory front spec is 0 +/-1 degree and rear range is -1.8 to 0.3 positive. You want to be around -0.5 front and rear.

G

·
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by jc836:
Northstar Manufacturing 1-800-828-0255.
Ranges are lowered dependent and what you are at now. Get the car aligned before ordering. The printout will tell you where you are at. Factory front spec is 0 +/-1 degree and rear range is -1.8 to 0.3 positive. You want to be around -0.5 front and rear.
</font>
Not for autocrossing or road racing. You want about -2 to -3 degrees of camber for those (depending on your tires).

As for Ingalls, everything I have seen from them is crap. The adjustments slip, the metal bushings are rolled steel! For crying out loud, they could use ERW tubing at the minimum. It's rolled steel that isn't even welded. The construction is second rate. No one I know that races (autocross or road racing) that has used Ingalls parts has been happy with them. Everyone I have talked to says that the parts slip, and lose their settings.

------------------
Billy
North Texas Prelude Owners Group
www.ntpog.org

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
Billy- you have a very trick setup-congrat's. OH-did you see anything in the original post about a race setup? I didn't!
The kits I am using work great. Not a single problem and the adjustments hold just as set. The bushings on the Ingalls are actually better than stock. The front ball joints are sliders from Specialty as theirs are the ones with the best combination of range and drop clearance for my car.
If you want to do something a bit different with an SH then Northstar's sliding balljoint assembly is the only part I've found that drops into a stock control arm for the front.

------------------
Prelude forever-It's so nice going fast on the open road

[This message has been edited by jc836 (edited April 29, 2001).]

1 - 10 of 10 Posts