Honda Prelude Online banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I just bought one (carbon fiber hood), and am wondering how you take care of it? Do you wax these things or just wash them?

·
Registered
4,889 Posts
i clay barred mine the other day, and i swear to god it feels smoother, and i wax it every time i wax my car. It seems to be fine. and i guess its some protection.

------------------

99 Pearlwhite Sportshift
15.45 @ 92.37

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
I heard your not supposed to wax it for about a month (just like if you got a new paint job) ... I guess so the clear coat cures. I should get mine in the mail monday as well... any other tips??

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by deceptakon:
I heard your not supposed to wax it for about a month (just like if you got a new paint job) ... I guess so the clear coat cures. I should get mine in the mail monday as well... any other tips??</font>
there is no clear-coat on these hoods, just a gel coating. i clay bar mine twice a month and apply several coats of wax in between.

------------------
Resist, and you'll be overcome

[This message has been edited by HRC (edited April 27, 2001).]

·
Premium Member
13,632 Posts
Did you guys get your hood from the current or most recent groupbuy that iMoto hosted?

------------------
AOL IM: Joon525

[email protected]
Mugen front bumper and sides with a combat rear bumper for sale in NJ....talk to me personally. East coaster highly, HIGHLY preferred. Also now for sale Tanabe G Power Medalion for 280 and 18" Racing Hart TypeC5's (Price not decided yet)

·
Registered
4,889 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Joon525:
Did you guys get your hood from the current or most recent groupbuy that iMoto hosted?

</font>
i got mine directly from fiberimages, i got a hookup

------------------

99 Pearlwhite Sportshift
15.45 @ 92.37

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Joon525:

</font>
i called fiber directly, but they told me to get it through diablo autosports.

------------------
Resist, and you'll be overcome

·
Buttering up the muffin
965 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by HRC:
there is no clear-coat on these hoods, just a gel coating. i clay bar mine twice a month and apply several coats of wax in between.

</font>
Hmm, is it worth it to put a coat or 2 of clear coat on the hood. I've been comtemplating about it. It doesn't have a sheen to it like clear coat paint

1 - 11 of 11 Posts