Honda Prelude Online banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my CEL code from my CE light and it flashed 9 which is "No. 1 Cylinder Position (CYP SENSOR)". I was wondering if someone could elaborate on this for me. (I.E. What it is, DIY?, How much it costs, if I should get it fixed immediantly, etc...)
Thanks guys

·
Registered
49 Posts
i had this
it's your distributor, buy a new one or check which part it is damaged in there.
it is most likely your ignition module inside your distributor.

what is does is senses your cylinder position and when to fire.

·
Premium Member
2,208 Posts
I had that problem as well ... take off your distrib cap, if theres dust all in there it means teh bearrings are spun.

get a new distrib/ cap / rotor.

·
Registered
186 Posts
That was my problem as well amigo. 4th gens apparently have defunct distributors from the get-go.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well my car is driving real ****ty...so I'm going to replace the distributor and hope that it drives like it once did

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I took the cap off and there is like a broze dust all over. Does this mean the bearings are spun? What exactly does that mean anyways?

·
Premium Member
2,208 Posts
rogera04: when I took off my distrib, theres a piece that goes into the (camshaft?) and spings w/ it .. that piece was wobbly ...

It just means the bearrings got old, got dry, and created too much heat and friction and burnout and just was solid metal on metal .. rather than locking up, it spun and spewed a whole buncha dust in the distributor.

replace the whole thing cap n rotor and your good to go.

The cylinder position sensor is in the distributor, hence code #9

·
Registered
1 Posts
So I am having this problem as well, I swap my motor on a 95 accord ex f22b1 same motor and I've replaced the dizzy, but still throw code 9, it only really affects when it starts it will start then die, start then die, start cel kicks on runs fine... my tachout is 5 so something is wrong the dizzy is timed spot on...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts