Honda Prelude Online banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
EX-Turbo accord Owner
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this has been posted like alot of times but its not 100% clear what steps I need to follow.

First car is in my 93 Prelude. Its bone stock and it's the vtec model OBD I with an ABS light. Can someone please explain is there anyway to checking this ABS light and where to find instructions how to do it?

Next I have a 96 Prelude VTEC with an ABS light. Its a OBDII and its bone stock as well. Can someone post me a picture, pin outs or link to what I need to do to check the ABS light on this car?

·
EX-Turbo accord Owner
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have a service manual for a 93 that says the ABS connector can be jumped and it will give you the codes by flashing a the ABS light. Can anyone verify that this same trick applies to my OBDII 96 Prelude? I'm pretty sure ABS is the same and the OBDII system has nothing to do with it at all.

·
tulefel cootiebrain
556 Posts
look under the passenger side dash for a blue 2 pin connector. jump the 2 pins with a paper clip and your ABS light should flash the code with either model. If you havent read flashing codes before the light will flash a few times, pause and flash again. Count the first set of flashes... say it flashes 4 times then pauses and flash 6 times before pausing again then you would have a code 46 or 4-6 however the year dtc's are read.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts