Honda Prelude Online banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok i searched for catz zetas install threads and found like one that gave me an idea what to do. but i was still unclear about a few things. so guys with the catz zetas in, please help me out! im just interested in doing it for the low beams. no high beams or anything else for now.

ok, from the thread i read it said to jsut ignoe the red and white wired fuse and only use the green and black ones. so i dont do ANYTHING to that other fuse and just let it dangle? and at the end of the blaster, theres this gold metal circle... is that used for the ground?

so after i plug in the fuses and put the original fuses in teh fuse holders, mount the blaster somewhere, ground it, and then thats it? any precautions i should be aware of? things to watch out for that u guys may have messed up in?

thanks in advace!

------------------

Crystal Blue 99' SS Lude (born on 7/1/99)~when i got it
POWER OF THE SS BABY!
SS= Super Snail!!
There i go...
screen name: CBFORMULA

·
Registered
295 Posts
yep the other fuse box wires just dangles.
yep the gold metal circle is the ground wire.

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
here's my post of install instructions i gave to Scriber:

Your kit will come with 2 ballasts, and 2 plugs for each ballast. You will only use the green \ black ones. Forget about the ones with the Red.

Now, take off your fuse box cover under the hood.

Facing the car, looking at the hood going back, here are some instructions:

You will notice the two headlight fuses on the right side of the box (they are yellow 20). Each of those yellow fuses control the left and right headlight. -- If you don't see the yellow fuses, look on the top of the fuse box cover to find exactly where it is.

Take each of those fuses out, and place them into the fuse holder of the Catz ballast (the one connected to the green\black wires). Do that for both ballasts.

Now that you've done that, plug in the green\black wired fuse to where your old headlight fuses were. --- IMPORTANT --- Make sure the green wires are on the inside. By this, I mean...

You have two fuses:

==fuse1== ==fuse2==

facing the car looking at the hood to the rear...you will install the wires as such:

==black-green== ==green-black==

that's what I mean by the green wires will be on the inside. That is VERY important.

Lastly, make sure you have a good ground, and then you are done.

the install took me roughly 15-20min.

------------------
My Homepage
My Car on HondaPrelude.com

1 - 4 of 4 Posts