Honda Prelude Online banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just realized (thanks to the topic in AutoX section) there's about 2 degree difference in castor between SH and base model. Base being around 2 degrees, SH - around 4 degrees. This diff. mentioned in Honda Prelude manual supplied with each car.

For me this basically means SH model will gain more negative camber as wheels turn versus the base model.

This looks attractive to me as it gives you more camber in turns just where you need one and saves your tires on straights.

I do not understand why make such a difference between these models... It is obviously due to ATTS. But why?

What particular front suspension components make this difference? Is it possible to swap them?

·
I'm white
10,561 Posts
^sh and base 5th gens have different shock/spring combos.

But at that point, the gains would be minimal compared to buying a whole new and better shock / spring combo.

·
Registered
319 Posts
I just realized (thanks to the topic in AutoX section) there's about 2 degree difference in castor between SH and base model. Base being around 2 degrees, SH - around 4 degrees. This diff. mentioned in Honda Prelude manual supplied with each car.

For me this basically means SH model will gain more negative camber as wheels turn versus the base model.

This looks attractive to me as it gives you more camber in turns just where you need one and saves your tires on straights.

I do not understand why make such a difference between these models... It is obviously due to ATTS. But why?

What particular front suspension components make this difference? Is it possible to swap them?
theres a list that includes over a dozen differant things needed for it to work. Its a pretty good test bed out the box, but not worth the suspension swap. its hard to get sotck SH specific stuff, but the aftermarket is'nt so bad. FYI honda sells radius rods that will increase and one that will decrease caster
for SH's only.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts