Honda Prelude Online banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6,314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I tried to get this in but the post was locked. I work for a messenger service and we get these trade magazines all the time. There was an article about Carparts.com in it. It was well over a year ago but the deal was they got some super deal with a few shippers...i.e. FedEx, UPS, Roadway, etc... I think the deal was they guarantee so much freight per month but they have little to no control over when the shippers ship. Basically their big profits come from shipping charges...they charge an average price for shipping but yet get huge breaks from the shippers because the shippers have no time constraints. The shippers use the extra time to help consolidate their loads and it's a source of guaranteed income for them.

We, the consumers in turn get low prices on parts because they don't make their money on the markup but instead on the discounted shipping. The downside is sometimes you have to wait this out. From what I remember this goes all the way back to the vendors that supply the parts to carparts.com

·
Registered
9,437 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by THATPRELUDEGUY:
I tried to get this in but the post was locked.</font>
ooops, sorry about that.

------------------
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Joon525:
o0OO0o's got a good point.</font>

·
SuperMod
7,963 Posts
I tried to get in, but oO00Oo locked it with his lightning fast reflexes

Anyway, give their customer service a call. Can't hurt, can it?

They do ship from different warehouses. When I orderred my 4 tires, they came from 3 different warehouses, and I received them over a period of 3 weeks. One shipment a week.

But I stopped shopping with them because they sent me what felt like 50 confirmation emails, and when the shipment was delayed, they sent me what seemed to be 100 more.

I think they were trying to flood my email because I got such good deals

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
thanks for the info. DAMN, if i would've known, i would have went somewhere else & paid a little more to already have them in hand. i mean, it's not like they recent prices have been a steal or anything.

------------------
Resist, and you'll be overcome

·
SuperMod
7,963 Posts
depends on how you worked the deal

I bought 4 Dunlop SP8000's that cost me about $63/tire
Shipped

And it only took a month to get all of them

·
Registered
6,314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by pter:
depends on how you worked the deal

I bought 4 Dunlop SP8000's that cost me about $63/tire
Shipped

And it only took a month to get all of them
</font>
I agree, I bought my Neuspeed N2 header from them for about $248 shipped. However it took about a month to get it to me. I still haven't seen a price that low yet. If your not in a rush and the price is right by all means use them, if you want the stuff yesterday your better off somewhere else.

·
Registered
997 Posts
I have had good service w/them too. Question...how do u get deals on tires from them? I thought the coupons don't work on the tires.

------------------
2000 Type SH
Wanted: Type S Intake Chamber
FOR SALE: Pirelli Ice Assymetrical Snow Tires Mounted/Balanced on 5th Gen. Base Rims. Used for 2k miles. 600+shipping.

·
Registered
188 Posts
they have good prices but i've had nothing but bad experiences with them
plug wires - late
headers - late
shifter - late
crankcase breather - on time!(amazing)

they have good prices and importhookup.com makes them great deals but damn it takes them forever to ship out.

·
Registered
409 Posts
My experience has been their prices are at retail or higher, unless you use those coupons. And their shipping is quite expensive. Ive shipped stuff from home with my personal UPS account, and you wouldnt believe how cheap UPS shipping can be.

If they bring back the 33% off coupon, its a deal. 20% off, and its a good price. No coupon, ouch!

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
they've really jacked up their prices a lot in the past couple months...what you need to do though is shop around and find the lwoest price you can, because they will be any advertised price on the same item by 10%....for example, they list h&r sport spring at 209...that is complete bull****....you can find them for as low as 139 on the internet....so you get the h&r's from them for 139 plus shipping (to WA where i live it was 7.32 which is damn cheap)

i've ordered a few things from them...plug wires...on time....brake pads...got delayed for 5 days.....dc header....had to wait 2 months, but i got it for 262 shipped

------------------

·
Registered
898 Posts
I ordered my powerslot rear disc brakes for under 100 bucks shipped. But it took almost 2 weeks to get here (Ordered 3/29, received 4/09). If you're not in a hurry to get your part, I guess it's slightly worth it. Plus I did notice that their prices have gone up. I was looking at the Tanabe Coilovers and they were under a grand, now you need that huge discount coupon just to be slightly over a grand.

·
Registered
5,058 Posts
you think that is bad i usually get some good time with them but i ordered a neuspeed sway bar and its been 2months and still not shipped yet. i mean i dont have to wait for it but i do want it. i got it for like 280 i think. best deal i could find but WHERE IS IT?

------------------

aLwAyS lOoKiNg To Go FaStEr
2000 Crystal Blue Base Prelude
OEM Body kit
AEM CAI
EIBACH PROKIT
Dc Front Upper Strut Tower Bar
Dc Rear Lower Strut Tower Bar
Mobil One Synthetic 5w-30
AUDIO:Alpine 7965 CD deck,Mtx Thunder 304 @ 375 Watts, Mtx Thunder 302 @ 400 Watts Powering A 12 Inch Mtx 8000, and Alpine 12 Disc Cd Changer

1 - 14 of 14 Posts