Honda Prelude Online banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
who makes the best carbon fiber hoods and where can I get one for cheap. It also has to fit good and I want one with an induction.

·
Registered
217 Posts
VIS makes one. I'm not an expert, but you should search the forum here in the 5th gen and I'm sure you'll find a bunch of threads specifyin to what your asking :D

`knight

·
Registered
95 Posts
Im gonna disagree.... VIS makes poor quality ones in my experience. I reccomend Body Kits Northwest and Fiber Images....

·
Offtrack excursion expert
6,762 Posts
VIS is ok... but I've had some problems with mine, so I don't know that I'd reccomend it. I think it has to do with the damn NE weather... but who knows.

·
Registered
398 Posts
i've had 2 VIS hoods in my time and i'll vouch for their quality and fit. the weaves, rolled edges, clearcoat are topnotch. one of the hoods i have is the invader hood, which is available for sale as my sig would suggest. hit me up if you're interest. it's vented if that's what you mean by "induction"

·
Boost Withdrawl... :(
6,152 Posts
for people that got good hoods and bad hoods i would say its just the luck of the draw:shrug:

·
Registered
2,673 Posts
You can't get the best CF hoods cheaply, that's the point. The best are Wings West and Kaminari, but both will set you back $700. On the plus side, they have all the proper latches and connectors and they will work with the hood support bar.

·
Registered
414 Posts
VIS and Fiber Image, form what I heard are one of the best ones out there, but don't expect to get them for cheap.

·
IM CURED!
1,165 Posts
have you seen the ww hoods up close? i didnt like them at all, like i said in another thread i went to ww last week and thier new wings and hood are ugly imo, they were admiring my hood and inspecting it to see how it was made.it was a funny story, i went inside to fill out papers for like 1 min. and i come back outside and my hood is opened i saw a worker standing there and asked him whats up with my hood being open and he said oh i make the hoods and wings so i was just checking to see how this was made, "the quality is awsome".

·
Premium Member
4,089 Posts
mickey99us said:
have you seen the ww hoods up close? i didnt like them at all, like i said in another thread i went to ww last week and thier new wings and hood are ugly imo, they were admiring my hood and inspecting it to see how it was made.it was a funny story, i went inside to fill out papers for like 1 min. and i come back outside and my hood is opened i saw a worker standing there and asked him whats up with my hood being open and he said oh i make the hoods and wings so i was just checking to see how this was made, "the quality is awsome".
:laugh: that's funny....what kind of CF hood do you have?

·
Premium Member
4,089 Posts
I have a VIS CF hood an it was freakin flawless....perfect weave, perfect fit etc. I just found out a few weeks ago that FI is rolling the edges now....which means there hoods will look better. some have had bad experiences w/ both VIS/FI, so basically, I'd go w/ the cheaper one since you'll be gettin a great quality hood either way. FI was traditionally a little bit lighter, but not as good looking, whereas the VIS were a little heavier but looked better.

kaminari is good too, but I don't know if it's really worth the extra money compared to the VIS/FI hoods. I'm not big on the WW CF hood since it's got those two vents on them....looks strange. if they made an OEM style CF hood then I'd be down to buy one. from what I've heard, their fit an quality is perfect everytime :bigthumb:

·
WHITE RUSSIAN !
2,170 Posts
silverbullit2K1 said:
VIS is ok... but I've had some problems with mine, so I don't know that I'd reccomend it. I think it has to do with the damn NE weather... but who knows.
what problems did you have with it.

I'm considering getting one so i just wanna make sure i'm amaking a good decision.

·
IM CURED!
1,165 Posts
azninside said:

:laugh: that's funny....what kind of CF hood do you have?
i have i vis hood. you had to be there it was funny, i was laughing inside because that guy looked like he was looking at a ton of gold that belonged to him :laugh:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts