Honda Prelude Online banner

Carbon Fiber hood?

• Yes.... get the hood!!! Will look sick!!!

Votes: 30 76.9%
  • Nah... keep it clean... better to keep it stock!

Votes: 9 23.1%
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Carbon Fiber Hood???

For my car... yes or no??? Just wanted to get some opinions.

I'm about to take a road trip to LA to pick up a VIS carbon fiber hood for my brothers JDM front Integra... figured since I'm going down anyway... might as well pick myself up a hood too... that is... if I decide to. Just wanted to get some opinions before deciding.

Thanks,

Ken

·
grrrrrrr
4,629 Posts
NOoooooooo. I will go against the tide here. Your car is my favorite 4th gen - it is soooooo clean, the paint and wheels match perfectly, drop is perfect, everything is just perfect and I don't think you should mess with it. I think a black hood would kill the lines and totally break up the flow of your car. It would make it look more aggressive but that doesn't mean it will look better IMO.

·
Registered
835 Posts
Get the OEM style carbon fiber hood and paint it... but not completely painted, mix the paint with clear coat and then paint it, it'll still be translucent but up close you can still see the carbon fiber weave, like pearl.

·
Registered
4,531 Posts
I voted yes, but it depends on what you're going for--a JDM look, or not. If you do paint it, make sure it's a PERFECT hood--no dimples or unevenness at all. I personally love the look of c/f, so if you got it, I wouldn't paint it. It wouldn't ruin your lines, or anything, but then again, do you want the Spoon car look, or do you want the lightness of c/f but painted, so that it's a sleeper hood? Ronnie's car is the perfect example--c/f, unpainted hood, w/ a VERY clean, light-colored car.

J

P.S--Where in the world would you put your brother's hood in/on your car?? :laugh:

·
PO.Com's E-Pimpologist
9,508 Posts
SLICK96 said:
I voted yes, but it depends on what you're going for--a JDM look, or not. If you do paint it, make sure it's a PERFECT hood--no dimples or unevenness at all. I personally love the look of c/f, so if you got it, I wouldn't paint it. It wouldn't ruin your lines, or anything, but then again, do you want the Spoon car look, or do you want the lightness of c/f but painted, so that it's a sleeper hood? Ronnie's car is the perfect example--c/f, unpainted hood, w/ a VERY clean, light-colored car.

J

P.S--Where in the world would you put your brother's hood in/on your car?? :laugh:
i got my hood, and i have a very dark car, it is very hard to notice it, but i love it get it. BTW wat prices are you gettin on the hood

·
Registered
4,531 Posts
Mine stands out when the sun, or any form of light hits the hood...I LOVE it!

J

·
Registered
4,531 Posts
ECHprelude said:
voted yes. love the way mine looks. but i have a dark color car. just dont sit on it. ughhhh
Yours is a Blue Green Azure car, right?

J

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.