Honda Prelude Online banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This month I did a full rebuild on my 5th gen and with it I changed the whole clutch and throw out bearing and one day while I was driving I came to a stop and all of a sudden I was locked out I couldn’t put it in any gear not even reverse so I automatically thought it was the clutch master cylinder and the slave cylinder so I got a exedy one and changed both and bled the clutch after bleeding it and finally getting pressure back I was trying to go for a drive and it did the exact same thing it didn’t let me go into any gear at all I have absolutely no idea what it could be besides it being a faulty throw out bearing , or is it possible that when my slave cylinder went out it also messed up the throw out bearing because when I couldn’t get it into gear I turned off the car put it into gear and then floated the gears all the way home luckily I wasn’t that far from my house .

·
Registered
22 Posts
Have somebody pump the clutch while you look at the fork and verify that its moving correctly. If it is, then you have an issue with the bearing or clutch assembly. If you didnt torque the bolts correctly, or use locktite for example, and the bolts start to loosen, the clutch plate will back off and give the same symptoms.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts