Honda Prelude Online banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. Today after washing my car, i decided to go to subway. While i was driving, i VTEC'd it. The thermostat showed that the car was almsot all the way warmed up so i figured why not. Well i hit VTEC and took some sharp tunrs, next thing i know i have a CHECK ENGINE LIGHT. WHen i put the clutch in, the rpms just drop and the car dies. I drifted to a safe spot, and stopeed. I restarted the car and it jsut idles low and sputtery at like 500ish RPMs. It sputters and the RPMs jump a little. Luckily i wasnt far from home so i just drove about 20 to home. My question is how do i get the code from my ECU?? Is the little thing that i need to mess with down in the passenger footwell?? On the left hand side. If someone could please tell me how to check it i wouild really appreciate it. This is kinda weird for the car to just do this. Im very very worried.
Thnx.

Ray

------------------

(.Y.) -You Like Boobs eh?
www.importheart.com

·
Registered
319 Posts

·
Registered
4,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys. Im gonna go see about getting the codes now. WIll any wire work?? Paperclip actually works?? Ill find out!

·
Registered
4,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Paperclip works wonders.
CODE 3:
Detection Item: Manifold Absolute Pressure SIgnal
* High/Low SIgnal
Probable Cause: Open/SHort in MAP sensor circuit
Map Sensor
ECM

Bad map sensor?

·
Registered
4,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Anyone happen to knwo how much a new MAP sensor is?? Should i have my car flatbedded to HONDA or a localshop tommorow?? Prolly Honda

·
Registered
4,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
New MAP sensor= $43.00
I wonder what would cause this to happen. IM gonna take my car to HONDA, it'll sit there for a couple days while they get a new MAP sensor.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts