Honda Prelude Online banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
`\ (^_^) /`
1,732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
car finally tuned?..ok, forget the "?" it is tuned.

I'll post up the dyno chart when i pick up my car tomorrow, but my phone call came in around 8pm today and they were finally done tuning. Looks like 247hp, and I forgot to ask him the tq so I will find out 2morrow.

Most restrictive thing on the car right now is the HKS drager exhaust with its 2.25" piping. I have a HKS titanium muffler 3" that I'll mate up with 2.5" custom piping and a carsound cat in a month or so, Doug from Hondata thinks that'll free up another 10 horses.

Not bad numbers considering the car ran on what has felt like one of the hottest days this month, and on crappy 91 octane fuel. I'm hoping around August or September, there'll be some time open so that we can try tuning a race application program on the Hondata with 100 octane and see what type of power the car can generate. By then it should be running with a higher flowing exhaust and maybe I'll give the mugen header a good chuck over the shoulder for the smsp.

·
`\ (^_^) /`
1,732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah, im sure it'll free up a good amount of horses, but my new exhaust didnt come in until 2 days ago, and Doug is off to Aussie for a good month or so to do greater things hahah. He's gonna be booked for quite some time, so we went with what we had. As it is he worked from morning til night on my car, I cant express the gratitude i have for him to invest so much time in tuning the car for me. hopefully when time permits, i can find other ways to free up more horses before the car hits the dyno again.....bitten by the damned boost bug...its endless :)

·
game.....blouses
1,005 Posts
i remember when philip(chamorro) had his jrsc'ed lude tuned by doug, i think he got like 255 or something to the wheels at 9psi, his tq #s here high too. congrats on the great numbers!

he coulda got more power, but i think his was runnin outta fuel. he ran 550s

·
`\ (^_^) /`
1,732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks. yup, i kept his chart on my comp, phil made 254.6 on his car. once i change out my exhaust 247+ 10= approx 257 hopefully, so its pretty normal, no freak engine or anything lol.

·
`\ (^_^) /`
1,732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
216.8 tq i'll try and find a scanner tonight. i'm picking up the car right now, probably wont get to have fun with it...so cali traffic =T but maybe i can find time to take it for a spin 2nite.....heck, i'll make time hahah :)

·
Registered
2,152 Posts
post up the dyno i want to see the air/fuel too. congrats ont he setup you have one of the most pristine perfect preludes i have ever seen!

if you can live with the rice sound outside the car ditch the stock cat and get a testpipe at least a high flow cat. Then screw shark's 9psi club, join the 257whp club :D :p

·
`\ (^_^) /`
1,732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
the mugen header i believe is either 60mm or 2.25"...the hks drager exhaust for sure is 60mm which translates to about 2.33''

1 - 16 of 16 Posts