Honda Prelude Online banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,979 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i keep playing THATPRELUDEGUY's thermal stealth exhaust mpeg clip, simulated with adding some low-end bias on my home stereo (because i KNOW the recording must have lost some low end frequencies).

if it sounds the way i altered the sound, sweeet. hehehehe

man i can't WAAAAAIT til my thermal arrives!

i've no idea how this exhaust will affect performance.... as long as i feel some sort of butt-dyno improvement in the high range rpm, i'll smile. as for sound, thats what worries me the most. i dont wanna be a hypocrite that ridiculed other cars' farty crap noise and then end up having a farty crap sounding car myself!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,314 Posts
OK say it with me....

Thermal does NOT sound farty
Thermal does NOT sound farty
Thermal does NOT sound farty
Thermal does NOT sound farty
Thermal does NOT sound farty

Keep saying it til you have it on the car and you'll be fine


TRUST ME


------------------
 

·
Moderator
Joined
·
11,003 Posts
and do you know why it sounds kinda *farty* in the mpeg???? it was actually recorded while Joon was letting go of a BIG ONE. hahahhahahahahahah

i'm kidding, of course.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,314 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by imagepree:
and do you know why it sounds kinda *farty* in the mpeg???? it was actually recorded while Joon was letting go of a BIG ONE. hahahhahahahahahah

i'm kidding, of course.
</font>
Oh yeah he'll do a sound clip of your car now!!! Sure he will


And yes I lowered the car...I'm using TEIN HA's dropped about 1.5-1.75" never measured it as in before and after so I'm not sure how much it's lowered.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,742 Posts
where did you guys buy yours???

I went to that mantaray motor thing place and saw one for 94-97 SH/Non-SH...will that fit?

Also, manchester honda has it for the same years (I think)....but someone said that Thermal ONLY makes the "Stealth" exhaust for preludes....manchester doesn't have one for 5g preludes under "Stealth"



where'd you guys get yours?

------------------
2000 Ficus Green Prelude - Powered by WAAAAAAAAH PPPSSSHSHHHH


What stands between a Prelude Driver and an ear to ear grin? About 5500 RPMs!

my next mod:
Larger Picture
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,314 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by floundericiousFL:
where did you guys buy yours???

I went to that mantaray motor thing place and saw one for 94-97 SH/Non-SH...will that fit?

Also, manchester honda has it for the same years (I think)....but someone said that Thermal ONLY makes the "Stealth" exhaust for preludes....manchester doesn't have one for 5g preludes under "Stealth"



where'd you guys get yours?

</font>
I got mine from Manchester Honda but I called in so they would send the right one for sure. As for the one that says SH/Non-SH that's most likely the axle back since they would be the same for both cars. The axle back is supposed to be much quieter from what Thermal told me.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
55 Posts
can somebody post the sound clip of the thermal for me, im in the market for an exhaust for my 4th gen righ now and thermal is one of my options
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,979 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by vpforeva:
can somebody post the sound clip of the thermal for me, im in the market for an exhaust for my 4th gen righ now and thermal is one of my options</font>
do a search. joon posted an mpeg of THATPRELUDEGUY's thermal
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
13,632 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by wreckdiver:
Definately worth waiting for!!!! Got mine at importparts.com $575 Sweeeeeeeet!!!!!</font>
575 sounds like too much to me.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,314 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Joon525:
575 sounds like too much to me.

</font>
Yup too much...Manchester Honda has them for $498 plus $22 S&H. Someone posted that carparts has them as well and with the coupon it was like $450 shipped but I don't know all that much about that price.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,979 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
by the way 850CAD is 540USD according to last night's conversion rate.

so i think i got a good deal.
 
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Top