Honda Prelude Online banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got an email from Autodynamic telling me they are unable to process international Visa or MC!
So being new to this Stateside order gubbins, what would be the best way to pay for my 5th Gen bits?
What is this paypal like?
What the hell is a Western Union transfer?
I hope someone can help, I have run out of bits to fit to the Lude!

------------------
UK LUDER!:)
HONDA-R UK Member
5th GEN 2.2 VTI 4WS Manual

·
11,003 Posts
paypal only works within the United States, i believe.
Western Union is a company that'll wire cash for you over to the company in which you wish to pay, for a fee, of course.

·
Registered
282 Posts
paypal might be international now...i'm not positive but i thought they changed it...

paypal, is the same as using a credit card...

[This message has been edited by BlackMagic (edited April 04, 2001).]

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by BlackMagic:
paypal might be international now...i'm not positive but i thought they changed it...

paypal, is the same as using a credit card...

[This message has been edited by BlackMagic (edited April 04, 2001).]
</font>
Yeah, paypal has a little British flag on their site, so I guess I could use them!
What is the standard percentage they are charging?
Good come back incase the package never arrives yeah?
Malken! What are you thinking of getting?

------------------
HONDA-R UK Member

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Joon525:
I have a list of things I want.

</font>
Email me Joon, let me know what you are after and I can let you know what's available!

------------------
HONDA-R UK Member

·
Registered
210 Posts
that's odd...a company that only accepts domestic visa and mc.
well say if you are visiting the USA and need to buy something. the retailer is not going to know if it is an international card unless its cash register system tells them, which i honestly doubt.
i would be weiry about this (i.e. the retailer). there should not be much to it International or not.

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by mr_lude2000:
that's odd...a company that only accepts domestic visa and mc.
well say if you are visiting the USA and need to buy something. the retailer is not going to know if it is an international card unless its cash register system tells them, which i honestly doubt.
i would be weiry about this (i.e. the retailer). there should not be much to it International or not.
</font>
I think it is more a case of something being down rather than them not accepting it!

·
Registered
210 Posts
well...just to add to my other comment...
going thru paypal will not give you the same security features as going thru with a major credit card.

i'm not trying to say anything bad about autodynamic or anyother shop for that matter.
just as a consumer dealing internationally, you should always protect yourself. paypal will leave you hanging, your visa won't.
this is my personal experience.

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
while we discussing paypal, can someone tell me how to use my CREDIT CARD to purchase something? i cant find a way to use my credit card instead of using my checking account. ive bought a few things through paypal already but always the money is transfered from my account. i just dont know how to set it to use my credita card instead! please help

------------------

Crystal Blue 99' SS Lude (born on 7/1/99)~when i got it
CURENT MODS:
-AEM CAI (silver)-DC Sports CC 4-2-1 Headers
-Tanabe Racing Medalion -Apexi V-AFC -autometer A/F gauge -autometer EGT gauge -zex kit w/ plugs running 55 shots -NOS purge kit
HAVE AND INSTALLING SOON:
-UR pulleys set SS

screen name: CBFORMULA

·
Registered
210 Posts
actually, it's a little tricky to understand.
i had to call visa to verify.

basically it comes down to the fact that paypal is a third-party. its only obligation is to facilitate the transfer of money, NOT the exchange of money for products.
therefore, visa cannot do a chargeback against paypal b/c paypal has fullfilled its obligation of tranfering money (NOT the exchange of goods).

·
Registered
825 Posts
PayPal all the way

------------------
KQ
98 Pearl White SH
92 Baby Blue S (sold)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts