Honda Prelude Online banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm having a problem with my car. Yesterday morning and this morning the first time i turned on my car i tried shifting into first and couldn't. It's not just first gear either, its all gears. As the car was heating up i was able to shift to second and third and then first but they weren't smooth either. Once i started driving everything was normal( every gear worked fine. ) This morning the same thing happened again and then again in the afternoon. It seems like it happens when the car is cold. The clutch also feels kinda weired and i dont know much about cars yet. Can any one tell me what they think is wrong? thanks.

·
Registered
127 Posts
yeah i have a feeling is the clutch.
if you have some high mileage on it, or rag on it often, it might be a good idea to take a look at it (either you or a shop) to see if it needs replacing before you go through all that trouble tho, make sure your car has enough fluid(s) in it to function properly

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah i think i fixed the problem. I didnt realize my car didn't have any clutch fluid so i just bought the fluid and put some of it in and my car can shift gears now with no problem. Idk why i didnt check that from the beginning.

·
The Cheeze
1,704 Posts
Yeah i think i fixed the problem. I didnt realize my car didn't have any clutch fluid so i just bought the fluid and put some of it in and my car can shift gears now with no problem. Idk why i didnt check that from the beginning.
Keep an eye on the levels. You may have leak in your master or slave cylinder.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts