Honda Prelude Online banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
damn, got a new apartment and the underground (SAFE) parking has a huge dip and it just levels off really sharp. I tried going in, and i scraped. It scraped pretty bad, one of those scrapes where you know you're SCREWED. so i backed her up and now i'm sad

i'm barely lowered on my teins, i could raise it up..but i don't want to.

how do other ppl get around this?

i saw someone in a civic had cardboard cut outs that he would put under his bumper and go up his driveway. the cardboard would hit the ground and hot his bumper. good idea? hehe i'm just worried that the bumper would get pushed up and get bent.

SUCKS!

·
Registered
419 Posts
my friend jalal used massive amount of duck tape under his b18 civic. but idk.. try asking them to stick a big carved block of wood where it levels off sharp... idk.. thats the only thing i can think of, the guy near my house uses a ramp made of wood to get his car into his backyard and out

------------------
-Eric
97 Nordic Mist Prelude

while i go take more.. "pleasing" pictures you'll just have to deal with this one. now wheres that dig. cam?

·
Registered
419 Posts
or you can just go there one night with a couple of friends and a tub of cement or silicone (i know there are better stuff to use but i'm temporarily sleepy and not thinking clearly)

------------------
-Eric
97 Nordic Mist Prelude

while i go take more.. "pleasing" pictures you'll just have to deal with this one. now wheres that dig. cam?

·
Registered
2,136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by 5Gen_Prelude:
Uh - why not just back up the ramp?</font>
wouldn't the front still hit? i believe it would...i'm picturing it in my head right now....

what i'm seeing is my front hitting the incline because my rear is leveling out...yes/no?

Tim

·
I don't believe in Titles
3,081 Posts
I don't know the situation - but when I've come across dips I do one of two things, go up sideways (one wheel at a time) or back up. Course your neighbours will think you're an idiot but that's a completely different problem...

·
Registered
2,136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
o yea, forgot to mention, can't go sideways or slanted. the amount of space between the entrance walls is about 1.5-> 2 car widths wide. sucks to be me!

·
used to sell mix tapes
5,446 Posts
these are the same guys, i'm sure, asking me why i won't drop my car!! and saying, DROP IT! DROP IT!

but seriously tim, that sucks. my dad's nsx used to have problems getting into the garage at his beach house, and we went solved it with lots of river gravel... but it was a rock driveway. wouldn't work in a parking garage

·
Registered
2,136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
i take that back, backing up might work. i'd still rub, but it wouldn't be as nearly bad a rub as going straight in. it'd be a lip on top of ground instead of lip going INTO ground ...hm...atleast i think

·
I don't believe in Titles
3,081 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Pure Lude:
i take that back, backing up might work. i'd still rub, but it wouldn't be as nearly bad a rub as going straight in. it'd be a lip on top of ground instead of lip going INTO ground ...hm...atleast i think</font>
Why don't you just try it? Just do it nice and slow - perhaps even use the cardboard just in case this time around.

·
Banned
2,048 Posts
You can petition to the apartment manager to have the angle evened out a bit. You'll have to pay part of labor, but I'm sure he can be convinced to see that he should pay too - it IS in his own interest if he wants to keep customers with slammed cars.

The only problem is inconveniencing the other tenants.

------------------

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by atlxchink:
When I try to picture o0OO0o as a moderator, the image of Beavis hacking away at the keyboard comes to mind </font>

·
Registered
50 Posts
Just out of curiousity Pure Lude where you from??? I have a couple of friends who lives in an apartment with the same problem as yours. One of my friend has a Black Widow kit on his Prelude and theres no fking way he can get down the garage!!! The only thing I can think of is buy a board and place it down there so that it levels off a bit!!! I tried getting down his garage once and scraped like a mofo also. And I only have an OEM kit!!!

·
Registered
521 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Pure Lude:
i take that back, backing up might work. i'd still rub, but it wouldn't be as nearly bad a rub as going straight in. it'd be a lip on top of ground instead of lip going INTO ground ...hm...atleast i think</font>
Heheheh, I can see it now. An old couple stop completely to see a low car go backwards into the pathway.

·
Registered
195 Posts
I would say, time to break out the wood and make some easily moved ramps.

I had to do that for my garage... cause it is about 2 inch's higher than the driveway.

·
Registered
2,136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
i'll talk to the apartment managers this week.

i live in villa torino in downtown san jose...i noticeed a lot of scrape marks on the thing, heh..sucks...

·
Registered
836 Posts
did u try going in from a angle? IT helps alot and makes alot of sense..Since your TIRES touch the pavement FIRST...and you will not scratch the front end. Make sure one side of your wheels touch the cement first or it wont work

1 - 19 of 19 Posts