Honda Prelude Online banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well my clutch has been on its last limb for the past few weeks. I have had to baby it because sometimes it even slips while in gear. I autoXed on Saturday and laucnhed the car a good 8 times, kinda puttin some stress on the clutch, but everything seemed fine. I drove home (bout a 20 minute drive) and all the sudden I stalled my car even though i had thought i had it out of gear (i don't really know what happened there). then a block later i stalled it again, and after i restarted my car everything was fine, it just wouldnt shift into second. Later at night I started my car, drove arround the block, everything was fine. Today I drove arround for 15 mins, ate at taco bell, came back to my car, and on the way home it wouldnt let me shift into second.

That's pretty much the story now. Everything is fine but it won't go into second gear. Not even if i force it. I thought I only had a problem with my clutch, but this sounds like something else on top of it. any ideas?

any help will be appreciated

Ben

·
Unregistered
4,055 Posts
it shifts into the other gears just fine? autoxing with bad clutch = uh... bad

when my clutch was busted, my car would be fine one minute, then the next i wouldn't be able to get into any gears or grind like crazy on a certain gear only. maybe your tranny is just crazy like that.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well is it a clutch problem only? thats what im wondering... im going to replace my clutch reguardless, but i sure as hell dont want to do it only to find out i had something else wrong with my transmition

1 - 5 of 5 Posts