Honda Prelude Online banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
B cuz I got it like that.
2,838 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am not talked about the micron filter.. because thats in 99's and up... the 98's do not have that.

Ok... this goes out to the people who made the great transition from hondaprelude.com to here. So I am confused if this instructional was on there, here.. or hell... maybe the Texas Prelude website...which I cant find anymore.

I drive an 98... for some stupid reason I keep thinking about it having to do with ECU.. but that makes no sense.. maybe I just decided to explore as well that day... since I was near it... this was 4 years ago.

It was an instructional that someone wrote up on how to get to and open up this.. filter that was grey plastic outside,round, inside was a either a black or grey filter... that more or less was ontop of a bunch of ridges that spun it around.... its high up in the passenger firewall to the RIGHT.. I did it before.. I think its held on by 3 bolts... I opened it up about 4 years ago.. I just like doing things correctly and following directions.. not guessing... how I did it 4 years ago.. and end up with a messed up glovebox.. and other tragedies to the lude.

I was shocked by the amount of leaves and stuff in it.. shook it out.. cleaned it up.. and the sound from the air vents was alot softer. I also suspect that this little area is the reason for that wonderful "honda air smell" in the summer.. when our cars get old.

Thanks in advance, if no replies.. then Im going bolt hunting.

·
Living on a Warmer Buoy
2,768 Posts
What you are referring to is the AC Blower Motor. I can't tell if there is a filter or not from the Helms.

1. Remove glove box.

2. (as per Helm's) The recirculation control motor, the blower resistor and the blower motor can be replaced without removing the blower unit. When replacing the blower motor, remove the ECM cover first, but do not disconnect the ECM connectors.

3. Before reassembly, make sure that the recirculation control doors and linkage move smoothly without binding.

4. After reassembly make sure the recirculation control motor runs smoothly.

5. Make sure that there is no air leakage.

**EDIT - I forgot to mention there are 3 bolts on the underside to remove the blower motor.

·
B cuz I got it like that.
2,838 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks thats what I was looking for... I thought there was a instructional stickied on here.
:)

·
Living on a Warmer Buoy
2,768 Posts
I remember reading the thread you are referring to. But instead of searching, I just opened my Helm's that is right next to me. :laugh:

·
Living on a Warmer Buoy
2,768 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts