Honda Prelude Online banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ive modded my car too hell n back and had a extended warranty too 75k miles on it. probally get back $400 or so im at 19k miles now. why pay for warranty if they wont even fix my car under it? what too use $400 for? heh , thinking of modded ignition stuff, new distro cap, plugs etc.. =) lemme know. my car at:

http://pale.davideaves.com/kevin/kevin-car/

btw

·
Registered
45 Posts
I was thinking about pulling mine. It's good until 100k miles. My OEM fog light bulb is out, so I went out, purchased the bulb and went to go replace it. The 3 back most screws on the assembly are rusted through, and won't budge, so I took it in and they tell me rust isn't covered, and to buy a new assembly. If it doesn't cover something as small as that I can't imagine what kind of a load they'd drop if they saw the n2o in the trunk.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ok, so what too get?? not lowering my bizatch. cam gears worth it too get? probally from obx or aem if i get cam gears, ill need two and need info on it.

·
Registered
1,882 Posts
bad mistake...what if a syncro or your tranny goes out at 70k? You are going to wish that you still had that extended warranty.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
u think they cover tranny wit mods too car? lemme know ill check tommorow also

·
used to sell mix tapes
5,446 Posts
every time you post you use "too" instead of "to." cut it out! they're not the same word! it's just so annoyingly glaringly wrong - like looking at a lude with 14" rims from a civic.

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by zentron:
ive modded my car too hell n back and had a extended warranty too 75k miles on it. probally get back $400 or so im at 19k miles now. why pay for warranty if they wont even fix my car under it? what too use $400 for? heh , thinking of modded ignition stuff, new distro cap, plugs etc.. =) lemme know. my car at:

http://pale.davideaves.com/kevin/kevin-car/

btw
</font>

·
Registered
1,882 Posts
yes they will cover the tranny with mods...unless you are running something that would cause extra stress on the tranny...

·
used to sell mix tapes
5,446 Posts
it's never to late too repent! [sic-lol]

yea, bad freaking habit. sorry . =)</font>

[This message has been edited by schwett (edited April 18, 2001).]

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
what would be considered extra stress on tranny? like a elephant sitting on it?

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
ill just confirm it with dealer, but thanks for the heads up, if they cover tranny its worth keepin, cuz i use my sport shift like a mad man

·
used to sell mix tapes
5,446 Posts
anything that adds power would be considered extra stress on the tranny, but since most mods don't add a noticeable amount of power, you're probably OK. nitrous, turbo, charger... they'd probably be well within their rights to deny service. short shifters (whether or not they do anything bad) might lead them to deny service on synchro problems. anyone know what a dealer would think of aftermarket clutch & fly?

what would be considered extra stress on tranny? like a elephant sitting on it?</font>

·
Registered
1,882 Posts
uh yeah, since you have the SS, def keep your warranty...and do a search about all the people that have had their SS tranny replaced on this board and you will see why you want to keep it.

·
Banned
2,048 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by trehlo:
I was thinking about pulling mine. It's good until 100k miles. My OEM fog light bulb is out, so I went out, purchased the bulb and went to go replace it. The 3 back most screws on the assembly are rusted through, and won't budge, so I took it in and they tell me rust isn't covered, and to buy a new assembly. If it doesn't cover something as small as that I can't imagine what kind of a load they'd drop if they saw the n2o in the trunk.</font>
What the hell?! They're full of it! Of course rust is covered.

http://english.honda.ca/youandyourcar/warranty_coverage.asp

Now tell them to blow it out their ass. There is no F'IN way they wouldn't cover rust... that's like not covering powertrain.

------------------
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by atlxchink:
When I try to picture o0OO0o as a moderator, the image of Beavis hacking away at the keyboard comes to mind </font>

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
hey guys, i didn't know u can cancel your extended warranty.i have the 5 yr 100000 mile warranty. i have about 32000. how much would i get back.i payed 1000 for the warranty

thanks

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
dka, thanks man, u shed some light on this before i did anything. thats why i post on here from now on before i do anything to get opinions from experienced people like yourself.

-kevin

·
Registered
45 Posts
Spite: I duhno.. powertrain ISN'T covered under my warranty according to the Honda dealership I purchased the car. Whether or not they're just giving me some bs about the rust because they don't want to replace the foglight or not I have no idea. They gave me a 1-800 # to call for Honda's warranty info and the dude gave me a solid "No way is that covered" So either they're working together to screw me, or rust just isn't covered.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts