Honda Prelude Online banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, so I race for the first time ever at Capitol Raceway in MD and as soon as I get there, I'm lucky enough to get a couple runs. I have a 99SS with AEM CAI and Tanabe DTM. I was also rolling on 18's in the rear with stock wheels up front. And i didn't do any type of weight reduction. My first run ever was a [email protected] and 60ft was 2.5994. So I wasn't too hard on myself since it was my first time, and then I run again, [email protected] 60ft/2.6185? WTF? Then later on in the night I get 2 more runs and it's a [email protected] 60ft/2.6673 and then a [email protected] 60ft/2.6943! HOW PISSED AM I? I'm actually in denial. DYI01 ran a 15.8 and a 16.1 today, but his fastest was a 15.45! At worst I expected high 15's. Oh well, today was the nail in the coffin as to show/go or ALL SHOW. Anyone think these times were strange, or should I face reality?

------------------

·
Registered
3,533 Posts
I think a whole host of reasons will soon be suggested but one overwhelming factor could be stress. No way does the 'movie in your head' (you know, the one where you do a 14.7)
ever match the reality of the day.
Just remember, this is about F*U*N! if it starts to mean much more you've got to question things a little, get rhetorical with yourself...and paradoxically enough I'll bet you'll find your times will improve.

·
Registered
6,314 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by H22A VTEC:
HOW PISSED AM I? I'm actually in denial. DYI01 ran a 15.8 and a 16.1 today, but his fastest was a 15.45! At worst I expected high 15's. Oh well, today was the nail in the coffin as to show/go or ALL SHOW. Anyone think these times were strange, or should I face reality?

</font>
I think the heat build up in teh SS tRrans could be a HUGE part of the slower times. Did you notice the car shifting slower then usual at those later runs? What about the car holding the gear longer?

In my two older automatics the longer I beat on them the worse teh shifting would get. I don't have any experience with the SS ludes so I'm not sure but I'd bet that had something to do with it.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Your times are normal, SS ludes usually are in low 16s range, some are lucky to break into 15s. I only have i/e and running without spare tire, best time i got was 15.86, and i think someone called DY101 got 15.4x with i/h/e pulleys vafc .....so yeah, try torque braking and you should get a little better 60'.

·
Registered
738 Posts
You're lucky you got in so many runs. I went to Mission Raceway today for the heck of it and it got rained out. We only went once before they all called it a day.

I missed the start by a longshot cus I misread the lights too.
Combined with a slippery track, I got awful numbers...

------------------
<A HREF="http://www.geocities.com/mylude99/" TARGET=_blank>
</A>
_ ____________ _
_ ___ _
_

1 - 11 of 11 Posts