Honda Prelude Online banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i overslept my SATIIs this morning and i need to do something productive. I'm not flamed that I overslept because it was good sleep and I haven't had much sleep the past week.

PS I've already checked the houston prelude clubs version and the previous posts on this site, but the search still leaves me clueless on how to go about this. it would really help me out (and many others) if someone could run a step by step thread here. I'll upload it onto a website when it gets posted.
------------------
-Eric
97 Nordic Mist Prelude

[This message has been edited by etherealude (edited May 05, 2001).]

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
exactly... it doesn't mean a damn thing to me. where do you mount these relays? what do you connect them to? do i need wires? can someone right a grocery list of things i should buy before i start the work?

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thx in advanced by the way. i know i'm asking much, but if you're bored and on this board, you'd help me out right?

p.s. thank gore for the internet

------------------
-Eric
97 Nordic Mist Prelude

[This message has been edited by etherealude (edited May 05, 2001).]

·
Premium Member
12,808 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by 00vtecLude:
*cough*ODL*Cough*

hehe, but he's just gonna tell you to check the FAQ
</font>
Yea...check that faq i think sadwap posted. It has MORE THAN ENOUGH to get you finished.
I don't mean to sound mean or anything...but if you can't do it without someone holding your hand all the way...you shouldn't attempt it in the first place....

·
Buttering up the muffin
965 Posts
Alright, all those FAQ's are for the sidemarker and the turn signal bulb to be on at SIMULTANEOUSLY and blink SIMULTANEOUSLY. How would you go at making those bulbs OFF while the parking/driving lights are ON and have them blink ONLY if and ONLY if you are signaling? I can never visualize electrical circuits, thats why I'm a mechanical engineering major

·
Premium Member
12,808 Posts
there's two parts to the circuits...
one is when no power is going to them...then they are off and signal on. When power goes to them, the other happens, they are on and when you signal they signal off. You control what state it's in by controlling whether power is going to the circuit by a switch. Comprende ??

·
Registered
2,449 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by OvaDaLimiT:
there's two parts to the circuits...
one is when no power is going to them...then they are off and signal on. When power goes to them, the other happens, they are on and when you signal they signal off. You control what state it's in by controlling whether power is going to the circuit by a switch. Comprende ??
</font>
i bet your goal wasn't to help but to confuse him more with that post

------------------

·
Registered
2,449 Posts
hehe actually matt pretty much explained how the thing works. Study the diagram a bit ....and it'll hit you. (it took me a while
)

------------------

·
Registered
285 Posts
Don't feel bad. I spent a LONG time studying that FAQ, and decided to try the mod. I have NO electrical skills, and it showed. I got the turn signals to come on, but when I hit the blinker, both sides blinked
I suck! I still might take another shot at it someday.

------------------
Life begins at 5,000RPM

·
Registered
603 Posts
If you haven't done that yet I will take the time to go over the step by step process by e-mail or you can call me.

Keep in mind your front turn signals will not blink but your sides will though. You may want to get a screwdriver and breakout the amber pieces in the two front signal to save some money if you want to clear them out and add the hyper white(blue)lights. It looks good! I'll send a picture on how it looks. I also bought the mirrors with the turn signals so po-po can't mess with me on front turn signals.

------------------
ONE LOVE
OOH

·
Da Monkii
3,076 Posts
Try this method, I have done it already. All you need is a 3 wire socket w/harmness okay. You can get it t honda dealearship but it going to run you around 30-40. What you can do is go look for it in the junkyard, lke i did. Then tap it in thats all to it. I you need more info email me. You will not have the sideeffet of the signal in side you dash backward @ night. And a lot of relay to mess around

PS: Thoes socket i got is from the new civic and eclipse or the integra. The one that standby and have signal to them. It fit perfetly. Check my sig for the final result. Also on this is that this version the standby light will not be as bright as the relay version b/c the standby only usues 5W insteadof 21W like the relay.

------------------
CAI/Greddy PE/V-AFC

1 - 19 of 19 Posts