Honda Prelude Online banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys, i have all my mods in my sig, but usually they never show up... anyway, i'm running with a p&p head with stage1 skunk2 cams, bored out intake manifold, erik's racing throttlebody, msd 6AL, v-afc, 75 shot direct port kit... and all the usual stuff, i/h/e/pullies, racecat, exaust.... also have a custom obd1 computer on the way from erik's racing for my car... I figure with all this **** done i may sneak into the high 12's... but without the juice prolly like 14.4 or so... but who knows. Just was wondering if there was any hope of running a turbo on this car... i know it'd be a good idea to put in the stock cams which i have, but what about the nitrous? can i keep the nitrous dp kit or am i screwed? or sell the manifold??? what's up?

·
Offtrack excursion expert
6,762 Posts
I can't help you much... still learning.

But about your sig... did you enable it in your user options?

·
Registered
576 Posts
When they PnP'd your head did they just clean the gasket surface but taking .005" - .008" off or did they remove more to give you more compression?

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
it was just resurfaced, not much more compression was given... doesn't matter cuz i'm rebuilding the bottom end. I talked to my mechanic that'll be doing the work, he said it's very possible and realistic. He's already done 2 5th gen prelude turbos. He says the F-max kit will be nice for my set up cuz it's a smaller turbo that spools fast and with the nitrous i won't be putting nitrous in place of boost that i could be using because the turbo can't create more boost than the motor will be able to handle.

·
Registered
38 Posts
You could definitely turbo your car. Put your stock cams back in and lose the NOS until your motor is fully built, or maybe not even then. Also I don’t know about that f-max kit. It seems to me that if your going to build the bottom end you might as well put together a custom kit.

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Blaast said:
I agree. A custom kit is your best bet.
Feel free to email me, I would be pleased to help.
i have no connections for a custom kit and don't know the first thing about it. also how do you think i should do my set up. here's what i've decided so far with my mechanic who's already done 2 turbo preludes my generation. 8.5 compression pistons, with block gaurd, and rods. i figure the f-max kit will spool very quickly, prolly by like 3 grand or so, and the nitrous will be for if i wanna get crazy. but who knows... what would you do? i already got a direct port kit set up in my car and just got it done like a couple months ago, (before i decided i wanted turbo). Is it worth me selling the whole kit and buying a whole new manifold? prolly go with skunk2's if i did that huh? i was hoping i could keep the NX kit for more power as long as i built the bottom end right.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts