Honda Prelude Online banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just wondering if exhaust installation could be done pretty easily. I have a 94 Si. I would think that the hardest part would be getting your car up high enough to be able to get under the car and have space to work. Do jackstands work for this purpose? Also, if bolts are rusted, anyone have tips for easy removal? Any tips, suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks

·
Registered
11,003 Posts
sure it's easy; but it'd be much easier just bringing your car to Midas or Meineke (sp?) and have them do it in 15mins or less.
that's what i did.

·
0_0
623 Posts
Its not that hard. You should use a floor jack to get your car high enough and then put the jackstands under. Never work under your car w/out jackstands!!! And for the bolts, use something like liquid wrench to loosen the bolts up. Put it on the bolts a day before or so.

·
Premium Member
177 Posts
When I helped my friend mount my DC Sports exhaust on my 92 Si, he had a lift, which is nice, but the exhaust went on like cake- super easy. I know some people with other brands had to do some fiddling around in spots to get things right, but the DC couldn't have been easier to install. The sound is awesome too. and lots of import owners with aftermarket exhausts ask me what kind I have because "that's the sound I want, nice and deep".

Good Luck.

------------------
92 Prelude Si
Silver Bullet
Too many mods to list...
Check out setup at hondaprelude.com (4th gen., "BionicKris")

·
Premium Member
4,530 Posts
there are a few bolts to the cat on most exhausts and the middle/lower one is a bish to get off sometimes. I recommend a good breaker bar or maybe some air tools.

·
Registered
1,714 Posts
Soaking bolts, repeatedly, in liquid wrench can help, though sometimes they are just too stuck. I had to take it to a shop and have them stick a blowtorch to the bolt to make it expand and then go at it with some air tools, I gave them a $10 "tip" for their trouble, I thought better than breaking the studs or stripping them.

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by vabeach_lude:
there are a few bolts to the cat on most exhausts and the middle/lower one is a bish to get off sometimes. I recommend a good breaker bar or maybe some air tools.</font>
I agree totally, the hardest part is getting off the bolts on the cat. and since yours is a 92, they're probably rusted on there good. I installed a apex WS on friends civic last night... we had to take the cat off from the header side, and then use a breaker bar to get the bolts off.. pain.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts