Honda Prelude Online banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was wondering if my 5th gen would still be able to handle all right if i removed the rear stock sway bar for a week. do you guys think it would still be drivable?

i know it wouldnt be a good thing to do, but it would only be temporary. don't ask my why i want to remove it, because it's a secret
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by ahcjar103:
just watch out for your car sliding out from under you</font>
what do you mean sliding out from under me?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,882 Posts
well since his car will have just the front sway bar on, it will understeer like crazy. I know..i had my rear swaybar off for a while.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
what exactly is understeer? and since we're on this subject.. what bout oversteer also?
 

·
I don't believe in Titles
Joined
·
3,078 Posts
Understeer is the car's tendency to plow through the corner - you turn but the car doesn't quite turn enough, oversteer is the opposite effect, the car turns too much making the rear end swing round.

Or to quote a race car driver - understeer is when you go into the wall nose first, oversteer is when you go into the wall ass first.

[This message has been edited by 5Gen_Prelude (edited April 07, 2001).]
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,437 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by 5Gen_Prelude:
Or to quote a race car driver - understeer is when you go into the wall nose first, oversteer is when you go into the wall ass first.</font>
that makes it much easier to explain to newbies


------------------
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by malken00:
I like to rub my nipples while watching the shopping channel </font>
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,742 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by o0OO0o:
that makes it much easier to explain to newbies


</font>
LOL yeah...that and your Malken/Infomercial Fetish comment




------------------
2000 Ficus Green Prelude - Powered by WAAAAAAAAH PPPSSSHSHHH



What stands between a Prelude Driver and an ear to ear grin? About 5500 RPMs!

my next mod:
Larger Picture
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
838 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by boy:
i was wondering if my 5th gen would still be able to handle all right if i removed the rear stock sway bar for a week. do you guys think it would still be drivable?

i know it wouldnt be a good thing to do, but it would only be temporary. don't ask my why i want to remove it, because it's a secret
</font>
Yes you can. Quaife LSD ?


------------------

------------------
Toronto PreLude Club
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,397 Posts
i doubt it's anything anyone here hasn't thought of/done

unless you are going to prod chickens for soup

------------------


[This message has been edited by ahcjar103 (edited April 09, 2001).]
 
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Top