Honda Prelude Online banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
hi guys, new to the forum. here's my deal; i recently bought a 92 lude with the f22a2 engine, and it had a broken camshaft. i managed to find a camshaft from a 96 2.2 accord non vtec. the camshafts are practically the same, except of course for the tinier cams on the accord shaft. but anyway, it's just temporal until i can collect some heavy cash (around 600 bucks) and have a new one made at the machine shop. i'd only paid around 70 bucks for the used accord one. btw i live in argentina, south america, and over here there aren't much ludes in junkyards. as a matter of fact, there aren't any at all, that's why i had to settle with the one i did find.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
well guys, quick update. the damn thing doesn't have compression on number four a three cylinders, so it turns out that when the camshaft broke, it bend some valves on those two goddamn cylinders.
tomorrow i'm gonna take the cylinder head off, to replace those bend bastards. any advise on the job? it's my first time removing a cylinder head on any engine. i have the knowledge, but i'm lacking experience. thanks in advance.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
guys, quick update. the car fired right up after reassembly, and now i have it running perfectly. i swapped the bend valves (they were six in total. all bended in cylinder four, and two bended on cylinder three), installed a new cylinder head gasket, and a new intake manifold gasket. everything came up great.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts