Honda Prelude Online banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok since i have installed my turbo timer it works great but instead of pushing the lock button on my remote when walkin away from the car wile it is running i have to hit the lock button from inside the car. I know small problem but can anyone help me trick my car so i can use the remote while its running btw i have no alarm YET just power locks with remote

·
Retired, sorta
4,968 Posts
err, but what happens when u do press the lock button on ur remote? just doesn't lock? i dunno how the turbo timer is wired up, but whoever installed it just had it wired so it prevents the locks from locking, kinda like as if ur door was open?

can u elaborate more please

·
Registered
928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
sure the turbo timer was wired up by me itis very simple it taps into 12 consant, ign1, ign 2, and accesory wire and obviously keeps the car running for set amount of time with the key out of the ignition. So when i push the button it does nothing but i can use the interior lock to lock the doors before i get out of the car. And if i wait for the turbo timer to finish the countdown i can then lock the car with the remote from outside as normal

·
Boost Withdrawl... :(
6,152 Posts
thats odd...i would think that if you cant lock it while the turbo timer is counting down then you couldnt lock it while its off.. recheck your wiring???

also, post this up in the FI forums...you will definitely get better response there...oh dont forget to delete this one tho

·
Registered
928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks for the advice but i posted here because there are some smart electrical guys that luk here i as well as FI guys. know the wiring is correct 100% sure

·
Registered
928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
and btw it may be confusing but i can lock the doors while counting down with the interior lock but cant use the remote to lock the doors until the countdown is finished it just doesnt do anything when you press the button

·
Retired, sorta
4,968 Posts
sorry, i don't know how the 99-01 keyless entry is wired.

i guess that the keyless entry wont let u lock it from the outside while the car is running, as a safety feature.

u'd have to consult the helms and look for the place where there's the signal telling the keyless entry that the car is "on".. and just bypass it

·
Registered
2,524 Posts
Once the key is in the ignition you cannot use the remote. It disables it. Hit turbo timer is telling his car the ignition is on and in result disabling his remote. There has to be somthing you can change with the remote entry system to disable that.

·
Registered
928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
maybe a kind mod could move this to the forced induction forum where it would get some attention

·
Registered
2,136 Posts
you need to buy a relay that fools the alarm into thinking the car is off when the turbo timer starts. I don' thave the schematic anymore (its been years), but the guys at honda-tech FI can help you out.

·
Registered
928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
wow i didnt know you still lurked around here pure lude i remember your old setup. Actually learned alot from you and have a setup similar to yours now.

anyways i dont have an alarm system at all i just want to fool the power locks for the remote

·
Registered
2,136 Posts
yea i lurk around reading OT for amusement, hehe.

Your best bet would be to call up auto security shops and ask them to do it. A couple of my friends had shops put in the relay, and they charged them $20 or so. Although they had security systems, they should be able to figure out how to make it work for you.

·
Registered
186 Posts
how long is your timer set for. mine is 60 secs. i usually just sit and wait, but i can also change mine while it is counting down. if i just go for a short drive, i will drop it to 30 secs and it will usually shut off before i get too far so i can use my remote.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts