Honda Prelude Online banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Unregistered
4,055 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i always here people talking about how CAI's sound nice.

how do they sound any different from short rams? i don't see how there could be any difference in sound. enlighten me.

·
Boost Withdrawl... :(
6,152 Posts
i know when i put my CAI on the VTEC engagement was louder you could really hear it...i never heard a SR or have one so i wouldnt know

·
less whore than before
3,648 Posts
i noticed when I swapped out the short ram for a cai, that the short ram would be a lot louder than the cai, especially when in VTEC :bigthumb:

·
KG6TWI
1,796 Posts
Its partly because the short ram is in the engine compartment and the CAI has the filter on the ground, on the other side of the car.

If you stand outside the car, on the passenger side, and have someone revv the car, they sound just about the same, with the CAI being a slightly lower tone.

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
my dragon intake is loud as hell...when i popped my hood at a meet peeps where askin me to rev my car so they can hear it and they were like "damn, thats freakin loud" :bigthumb:

·
Premium Member
3,908 Posts
I never realized how loud my SR intake was untill I put my stock one on for a while. A short ram realy talks around vtec, and you can hear it suck when you blip the throttle.

·
Unregistered
4,055 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
JakeTheSlayer said:
you can hear it suck when you blip the throttle.
yea, i get a really loud sucking sound when i shfit gears at high RPM's :bigthumb:

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
Short ram is louder than CAI. But the CAI gives you a bit more gain. Minor trade-off, hehe.

·
Unregistered
4,055 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
na, removing the resonator doesn't compare to a real intake...

i put a stock airbox in mine w/o the resonator and it wasn't as loud

·
Offtrack excursion expert
6,762 Posts
G_Loc said:
na, removing the resonator doesn't compare to a real intake...

i put a stock airbox in mine w/o the resonator and it wasn't as loud
No, but its hella louder than with the resonator. I had this for awhile. Just the resonator is much deeper than a CAI, but the CAI is definitely louder at VTEC. I love it. :cool:

·
VTEC On Ice = BAD
741 Posts
Get a Type-S if you don't like the sucking sound

·
Unregistered
4,055 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
took me all of 10 minutes when i did it last year

1 - 20 of 29 Posts