Honda Prelude Online banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I used to have a CAI, recently changed to a short ram intake. Anyway, when I installed the CAI I had to bend the hole to make it fit, which scraped some paint away and tearing the metal a little. Its starting to rust some, and am trying to get some ideas of what to do. I am thinking about taking a saw's all, and cutting it to square it off, and then paint around the edges to stop the rust. Any suggestions?

·
Premium Member
3,032 Posts
I'm assuming that it's only surface rust. Get some mild rust remover like CLR and the like and get all the surface rust off. Then just paint over the exposed areas with touch up paint and you'll be fine. I don't see any need to cut more than you already have. I should probably look at what mine looks like the next time I clean my air filter. I painted it, put some molding tape around the hole and covered that with wire loom.

·
>> Tragedy For You <<
725 Posts
Whenever you expose metal on your car after working on stuff it's recommended that you cover it up with some touch-up paint..

I even did that on the little holes I had to drill into my trunk for my cargo net.. :)

·
THE LONELY MONK
6,005 Posts
Yeah..some of my tow hooks are rusting. I haven't gotten around to sanding off the rust and putting some paint/touch up on it.

--Sam

1 - 4 of 4 Posts