Honda Prelude Online banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I live in fresno and was hoping to find a reputable shop for the following.....

My camber kit added enough space that I have to have holes cut under the hood to give travel room. the only shop thatwas recommended told me that I should not have lowered my car and that cars were not meant to be tampered with. I was then informed that they could cut the holes but that they would have to replace the control arms and the tie rods at the same time b/c they had surely taken abuse! WTF is that??????

Anyway, I am now willing to travel outside of Fresno to get this done. I was hoping to avoid LA but....

any suggestions of places that will do the basic job and not rape me?

·
Premium Member
1,813 Posts
i dont' know will this help, but there's a shop on Blackstone and Clinton call Downtown Honda, they're very knowledgable in Hondas, you can try take it to them and ask for opinion

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I get all other work done there and I would highly recommend them but they do not have the tools to do this job. They are looking for a shop for me as well

thanks though

·
Premium Member
1,813 Posts
yeah i kind of figure, they're excellent mechanic but not really to aftermarket stuffs, i used to bring my car to them all the time when i was in Fresno, just dropped off the car and walked to FCC

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
does anyone have any suggestions outside of Fresno? At this point I am willing to go to San Jose or farther.....

·
THE LONELY MONK
6,005 Posts
This is a little off your question but how low is your car and what kind of camber kit did you get?

--Sam

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I just saw you have a 5th gen. I have a friend who has a 99 and he has the same camber kit. he has not put it on yet, so we don't know if it has the same prob on 5th gens....

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
CA92Lude said:
I live in fresno and was hoping to find a reputable shop for the following.....

My camber kit added enough space that I have to have holes cut under the hood to give travel room. the only shop thatwas recommended told me that I should not have lowered my car and that cars were not meant to be tampered with. I was then informed that they could cut the holes but that they would have to replace the control arms and the tie rods at the same time b/c they had surely taken abuse! WTF is that??????

Anyway, I am now willing to travel outside of Fresno to get this done. I was hoping to avoid LA but....

any suggestions of places that will do the basic job and not rape me?
I just called a shop earlier and they quoted me $350 installed for SPC camber kit front only with 4 wheel alignement.

Im lowered 2 inches too

1 - 11 of 11 Posts