Honda Prelude Online banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Administrator
13,746 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I'd like to hear everyone's opinions on the upcoming C8 Corvette. Likes? Dislikes? Are you OK there's no more manual option? What about the style? What about its move from front-engine to mid-engine layout? Price point?

·
BB6'n till R34'n
6,083 Posts
I say it will be the 2009 GTR all over again. Paper racing is back, everyone online car discussion will end in a $60k Corvette.

No manual makes sense for the goal they have, which is world beating performance. DCT is the only thing gonna give you the numbers they want.

Lucky for me this means C7 prices will plummet and I can pickup a Grand Sport manual for cheaps.

·
Drives a used Dodge
7,733 Posts
the one thing that isnt passing the smell test is how is Chevy making this car so price effective when the rest of their products suck ass? Silverado/Sierra are getting eaten alive badly by Ram despite a redesign, and the Camaro is on life support for a few more years. Did they stumble some secret formula no other car company has somehow managed to discover? They did a terrible job on the C7 Z06 with all its heat management issues with the engine and automatic trans. I just have the feeling there is a catch somewhere like there was with the C7Z. GM really needs this car to succeed, because they are doing poorly elsewhere.

Very cautiously optimistic this car has a high potential to be a early adopters nightmare with everyone new and first for GM

·
BB6'n till R34'n
6,083 Posts
^Their naturally aspirated C7s are great. This one is naturally aspirated.

Also all those 1/2 ton pickups are so nearly alike it is like comparing a Camry to an Accord. You might think there is a winner, but these are commodities.

Look at Nissan, they build literal **** cars. Profits are down 95%, yet they can make a GTR.

·
Registered
10,400 Posts
Silverado/Sierra are getting eaten alive badly by Ram despite a redesign, and the Camaro is on life support for a few more years.
Do you have some tech backing this up that you could share? I'd be really interested in reading it. I'd like to replace my 2013 dually soon-ish, and I was really eyeing the 2020 GMC duallys. I really like the design and features. I thought about the Fords, but I just prefer GMC. :)

As for the C8, I really hope it does well. I have a friend with a ZR1 that had the leather separate from the dash and GM refused to replace it because the car was barely out of warranty (and this was his 4th Corvette and he owned a number of GM trucks), so that was disappointing. When we looked at a C6 many years ago, the model my wife test drove had a drooping rear hatch seal. She hasn't looked at a Corvette since. :(

But she's fine with the quirks of her Lotus - go figure. The Lotus is a fantastic drive, though! We're going to do a 3rd cat delete as soon as I can install it. My only apprehension with the Lotus is the lack of a dealer network, parts availability, and parts cost (right now, there is no aftermarket brake rotor setup available, and OEM rotors are $1300 a piece for the hat and rotor). The car is brilliant, though, and I'd *love* to get a Evora 430GT. :)

·
Registered
10,400 Posts
^Their naturally aspirated C7s are great. This one is naturally aspirated.

Also all those 1/2 ton pickups are so nearly alike it is like comparing a Camry to an Accord. You might think there is a winner, but these are commodities.

Look at Nissan, they build literal **** cars. Profits are down 95%, yet they can make a GTR.
GTR for >$200k :( But you are spot on for the rest of Nissan and Mitsu for that matter.

·
Drives a used Dodge
7,733 Posts
Do you have some tech backing this up that you could share? I'd be really interested in reading it. I'd like to replace my 2013 dually soon-ish, and I was really eyeing the 2020 GMC duallys. I really like the design and features. I thought about the Fords, but I just prefer GMC. :)
https://www.cnbc.com/2019/07/02/ram-pickups-outsell-rival-chevy-silverado-for-second-straight-quarter.html

Whats killing Silverado/Sierra on their new design is the horrid interior that looks just like it hasnt changed from the last gen. Compare a Ram Limited/Longhorn interior compared to a Denali/High Country and the difference is clear.

·
Drives a used Dodge
7,733 Posts
full pricing:
https://www.chevrolet.com/content/dam/chevrolet/na/us/english/index/vehicles/2020/performance/zerv-reveal/02-pdfs/C8_Pricing_PDF.pdf

1LT: 60k
2LT: 67.3k
3LT: 72k

Theres a ton of options but heres the main ones:
Z51 Package: $5000
Magnetic suspension: $1900
Front axle lift: $1500
Certain Paints: $500-1000
performance exhaust: $1200
GT2 Seats: $1500
Wheels: $1000-1500
Seatbelt colors: $400
Calipers $600
Racing Strips: $1000
Exterior accents: ranges from $1000 to $5000
Engine Appearance: $1000

note to get access to some of the custom interior colors, you have to go 3LT minimum.* 1LT only has 3 interior choices, 2LT has 4, 3LT has 10

1 - 8 of 8 Posts