Honda Prelude Online banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey everybody,
I was wondering,do you guys know how much it cost to replace ALL of the bushing on my. 95 VTEC. It has a lot of miles on it and the suspension needs to be redone. I know bushing costs are insignificant. I just was wondering what the labor is gonna cost?
Do some of the bearing need a press to get out??? geez/...

·
Registered
4,531 Posts
I'm not sure, either. I've been looking into the cost to replace a master bushing set, b/c I don't think I have the patience to spend hours to do this work, but nobody seems to know. Many people have tackled this themselves, but didn't finish the whole set. I heard that just the rear suspension alone takes quite a while to do, as you have to burn the old bushings out, and press in the new ones, yada yada yada... I'm about to replace some swaybar endlink bushings along w/ my upper control arm this weekend, but that's easy work.

J

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
I don't know how much someone would charge, but I put in the whole kit myself, and to be honest it's not hard at all. Though I'm proficient with taking apart my suspension (done it more times than anyone should have to do in a car's lifetime). The only thing you can't do yourself if press out the old bushings of the control arm joints (the bushings that mount the upper control arm to the body). You don't have to press the new ones in, just the old ones out. Everything else is DIY..

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
yes ethan it's me. I'll talk to you about it later, but I could do it sections at a time, front then back or something. Cause I don't have enough time to do it all in a day. Do you want me to put in the master bushing kit? Lemme know what you want done.

·
Registered
298 Posts
I just finished doing the install the other day. Im too tired to go through it all right now but i'll do a write up in the next day or so

Dane

·
Registered
4,531 Posts
This I wouldn't mind knowing as well...

J

·
Registered
4,531 Posts
Yes, please keep us posted...I'm curious if it really is worth the cost. I know that the motor mounts are, but I'm still not sure about the other bushings...

J

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.