Honda Prelude Online banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
on my 95 prelude si i have stock bumper lights( fog lights) the lights wont turn on? any one know why is there a switch for them to turn on other than the normal switch for lights......or do they turn automatically when the headlights are turned on??

help please:eek:

·
Unregistered
4,054 Posts
Turn on the headlights... and then turn on the fog switch

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
where would that button be tho??? when i turn the headlights i turn the high beam ones and nothin??? i dont know where the switch would be i only have the cruise control switch the monroof and the little scroller where it makes the dash lights go bright or low??? where is the fog switch at??

how does it look like????

any pics please.... help:confused:

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
g loc the picture on ur red prelude the clear lights(white) below the headlights those are fog light right??? those r the ones im trying to find out how to turn them on.........

·
Unregistered
4,054 Posts
The switch looks something like this: http://www.preludeonline.com/f61/jdm-vs-usdm-fog-switch-193626/

However, there is a way to install the fog lights and get them to turn on without using that switch. It involves shorting out 2 pins on the dashboard connector where the switch is supposed to be. Plenty of people on here have theirs like that.

Did they ever work for you? Could be something as simple as the bulbs being burned out or the relay being toasted

·
Unregistered User
4,287 Posts
If it's a 95 prelude and it was installed with the oem switch and harness then the fog switch on the center console next the hazard button. If someone else installed with out oem parts you'll have to trace the wires and figure out what they did.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
dammmmmm i dont have that switch imma look at the car again see if i can find it......let u know in a bit..........can u guys tell me where the srs sensor is located so i can have that light turn off its cuz i have an aftermarket steering wheel with no airbag n i want that light to come off i made a post about this but no one has helped me... please haha:bigthumb:

·
The Collector
2,721 Posts
There are 3 types of fog light switches

one is here

another one in the tweeter (I doubt you have that one because it's for 92-93)

and then there is also this one

·
Registered
359 Posts
g loc the picture on ur red prelude the clear lights(white) below the headlights those are fog light right??? those r the ones im trying to find out how to turn them on.........

I believe that's what you're asking, and if so, that's simply a blinker.... they alternate from the outside and center pieces.
Below that, the small, circular projector is the foglight. They look the same on USDM and JDM preludes, minus that some JDMs were yellow too.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
oh.....so both the ones on the bottom are just signal lights??? its kuz i have 2 on the left and 2 on the right they are clear

·
Unregistered User
4,287 Posts
oh.....so both the ones on the bottom are just signal lights??? its kuz i have 2 on the left and 2 on the right they are clear
:laugh: You can't tell which ones are turn signals and which are fog lights?

·
Unregistered
4,054 Posts
The little white things way at the bottom are the foglights, do you have those?

·
Registered
359 Posts
Right, the two on the right alternately blink if your right turn signal is on, likewise, your.... AH! Just go ouside, turn on your car, and put the blinkers on for cryin' out loud!

·
Registered
359 Posts
I'm just teasing, but here, this should help...
Blinker 1 & 2 alternate when the turn signal is on.

I just did this in paint on my sis' computer cause mine with photoshop and all is no more :(

Hope that helps you out.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
natemanas thanksz man i guess they are burned out cuz they dont turn on hahaha thanks alot for that drawin man.!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
359 Posts
Haha, no prob man, that's what we're here for..
Next time, try using the search button at the top, or google...
If you typed "Prelude fogs" you'd yield a pretty obvious result of images..
Welcome to the forum.

·
The Collector
2,721 Posts
I'm just teasing, but here, this should help...
Blinker 1 & 2 alternate when the turn signal is on.

I just did this in paint on my sis' computer cause mine with photoshop and all is no more :(

Hope that helps you out.

that diagram should be FAQ'd for all the noob-saibots in this world.
I remember when I was starting out, I didn't even know
what a hazard switch was. I wish I can re-live some of those noob saibot days.

·
Registered
359 Posts
HAhaha, The only reason I knew is bc my 88 prelude had alternating turns too, so I assumed that it was so with my 95.
I love the Fogs though, so slick and covert!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts