Honda Prelude Online banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok one of my hella 55 watt xenon bulbs blew up inside of my headlight housing. there are little pieces of glass in the housing. How the hell do i get the glass outta the headlight, besides taking the headlight out and taking the thing apart, looking through the helms, it seems like a pain in the ass. Oh yeah and since the hella bulbs have a 1 yr warranty i got a new one shipped to me free of charge the next day.
but the glass in the housing is driving me crazy.

------------------

99 Pearlwhite Sportshift
15.45 @ 92.37
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,185 Posts

This scares me. But if it happens to me, thats my excuse to take the lesn off and paint inside


------------------



www.importheart.com
Whos your DelTapywa?
I got these Jammies.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
dunno, i figured since they had a warranty thay they wouldnt explode, and i have heard good things from some friends with the hellas. like 2 of my friends have had them for a year with no problems. The last 3 sets of cheap ass xenon bulbs i had never exploded, but just burnt out.

------------------

99 Pearlwhite Sportshift
15.45 @ 92.37
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,896 Posts
ive heard other people that experienced the same thing. there really is no way to get it out but to completely disasemle it and open it up...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Ng Luder:
ive heard other people that experienced the same thing. there really is no way to get it out but to completely disasemle it and open it up...</font>
DAMNIT~~!!!!!!



------------------

99 Pearlwhite Sportshift
15.45 @ 92.37
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,896 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by DYI01:
DAMNIT~~!!!!!!

</font>
if u can find a very tiny and flexible vaccum tube u can hook up to some vacuum... i guess u can take it out. im sure theres other methods, but i think the easiest is to just open it up.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Ng Luder:
if u can find a very tiny and flexible vaccum tube u can hook up to some vacuum... i guess u can take it out. im sure theres other methods, but i think the easiest is to just open it up.</font>

thats a damn good idea beacause the pieces of glass are pretty small


------------------

99 Pearlwhite Sportshift
15.45 @ 92.37
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by ywwong:
or use a stick wrapped with tape to stick the glass pieces out?</font>
with my luck the tape will come off the stick and get stuck inside the headlight too




------------------

99 Pearlwhite Sportshift
15.45 @ 92.37
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
419 Posts
disassembling is half the fun, and while you're at it you can paint the eyelid piece inside the headlight assembly.

------------------
-Eric
97 Nordic Mist Prelude

while i go take more.. "pleasing" pictures you'll just have to deal with this one. now wheres that dig. cam?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,982 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by DYI01:
with my luck the tape will come off the stick and get stuck inside the headlight too


</font>

hahaha.. you are funny.
 

·
THE LONELY MONK
Joined
·
6,005 Posts
I had a Xenon bulb that exploded in my headlight too...I just took a thin stick--put tape on it--and stuck it in there to pick up the pieces...I will never use a Xenon bulb again..I don't care what people say..especially the ones that don't think they explode...they should invest in some and experience it themselves.

--Sam

------------------

With Great Powers Come Great Responsibilities--Never Underestimate the Power of the VTEC
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,074 Posts
You could always try taking the headlight out and shaking the glass out. Taking the headlight out isn't that hard, neither is taking the headlight apart. But I would try everything else first before I took the headlight apart.
I took my headlights apart and painted the inside of them and while it wasn't that hard I would avoid it if possible. Good Luck man.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by checkmate58:
I had a Xenon bulb that exploded in my headlight too...I just took a thin stick--put tape on it--and stuck it in there to pick up the pieces...I will never use a Xenon bulb again..I don't care what people say..especially the ones that don't think they explode...they should invest in some and experience it themselves.

--Sam

</font>

did you use a popsicle stick or sumthing?, and did u use the highbeam hole beacause its lower in the headlight itself.

Oh and BTW ur sig pic gives me a severe headache and sezures



------------------

99 Pearlwhite Sportshift
15.45 @ 92.37
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,982 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by checkmate58:
I had a Xenon bulb that exploded in my headlight too...I just took a thin stick--put tape on it--and stuck it in there to pick up the pieces...I will never use a Xenon bulb again..I don't care what people say..especially the ones that don't think they explode...they should invest in some and experience it themselves.

--Sam

</font>
oh man... i just think of this method and there is actually someone who uses this method before...
 

·
THE LONELY MONK
Joined
·
6,005 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by DYI01:

did you use a popsicle stick or sumthing?, and did u use the highbeam hole beacause its lower in the headlight itself.

Oh and BTW ur sig pic gives me a severe headache and sezures

</font>
Hahaha..blame the seizures on that Japanese cartoon..whatever it was called..anyways.. I used a barbecue stick..made of thin wood.. it looks like a very long toothpick...and yes.. i used the highbeam hole.

--Sam


------------------

With Great Powers Come Great Responsibilities--Never Underestimate the Power of the VTEC
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
104 Posts
i had a bulb blow up too but mine has like a burn mark on the lens near the top. How would i go about getting that off?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
997 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by br2819:
i had a bulb blow up too but mine has like a burn mark on the lens near the top. How would i go about getting that off?</font>
Stick w/cotton ball and alcohol?


------------------
2000 Type SH
Wanted: Type S Intake Chamber

FOR SALE: Pirelli Ice Assymetrical Snow Tires Mounted/Balanced on 5th Gen. Base Rims.
Used for 2k miles. $600+shipping.
New JDM H3C bulbs $50
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
99 Posts
deemmm....sorry to hear that Dan! Did you install them carefully with no finger prints on the bulbs?? i was very careful installing my Hellas by cleaning them with alcohol cotton balls. Are those bulbs Hella Opliplex 55w? try taking the unit apart if u have time. peace Dan.

Rich

------------------
2000 Ficus Lude
www.micrew.net
 
1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Top