Honda Prelude Online banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am putting 18" on my red 5gen lude..but cannot decide which color. I plan to put a CF Hood on my car ASAP which would look good with any of these rims.

1)I think you cannot go wrong with Silver, but they are not as exotic.

2)I could buy Gunmetal, but I would only want to polish the lip like the lmtd. I think 18" GM Te37 with a polished lip would look phat as hell, but I think it is very risky because the powdercoating may start to flake..anyone have any experience or input?

3) Bronze? I have no clue. Everyone says bronze is awesome, but I am scared it is a fad color like white which i heard is "out" in Japan. Would my car be out of style after 3 months with Bronze rims?
I like the dark bronze CP10, but i dunno about this bronze. Why put a orangy gold rim on a car that is red,black,and silver?

Anyone have any TE37 pics of gunmetal rims on red, or bronze on red please post.
I'd have to say I envy 2kLuder because GM on silver is an easy choice.
Any help..I am thankful..never made an investment like this, nor will i ever again soon probably.

rhodes

·
Registered
4,185 Posts
On RED id go Bronze. Yeah, my choice was easy!!

All will look good Rhodes.

------------------

www.importheart.com
Whos your DelTapywa?
I got these Jammies.

[This message has been edited by 2kLuder (edited April 15, 2001).]

·
used to sell mix tapes
5,446 Posts
SILVER

gunmetal would be my second choice - i'm not sure you'll be able to get the lip polished as nicely as the factory polished ltd ones...

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I still don't get it about bronze on red.
I agree, white and black cars on bronze are crazy looking, but red?
anyone have a pic?

yeah but can you polish the lip on a GM rim?
Wouldn't you have to have them refinished (clear coat)?
I'd hate to buy them..send them off to have them polished, and they look horid when they return.
It would look so tight if someone was able to do it, and properly, without question.
I mean gunmetal looks phat, but all my cars on gran turismo 2 have the GM with the silver lip like the spoon sports honda type R. yum.

rhodes

·
Registered
4,185 Posts
I dont have a pic, but look on the back cover of some older SCC mags. There is ared civic SI w/ CF hood, bronze advans. Lethal combination IMO

1 - 8 of 8 Posts